Stopping auto date switch and auto calculating possible?

Options
Hey guys,

After 12pm the MFP App switched date to the next day. Which is logical, but can I disable the auto switch? Due to my work I am always up late so my day usually ends 9am.

Another question: if I press Quick Add in the MFP app, I enter the calories and then the protein. However, after I add the protein is recalculated the calories which I don't want. Can I disable this?

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    A "day" is really just a random construct.

If the "day" ends in the middle of your daily activity, it should work itself out over time.

You can go into your account and change the names of the meals. You could rename "Breakfast" to 04:00 (or whenever you generally eat your first meal). You could rename the last meal to "20:00" or when you eat your last meal.

What really counts is the average over several days or a week or more anyway. Sounds like a bit of a pain in the rear, but you can work with it if you rename the meals.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    You also can scroll the page back to "yesterday" and add your food later. I do that if I neglect to enter something in the evening and remember the next morning. Not the best plan; it's best to enter when or before eating, but sometimes it happens.
  • sytrusze1980
    sytrusze1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help. These are all workarounds. However, I was just wondering if I was able to stop it from auto switching to the next day? So I don't have to tap back to "Yesterday" once it passes 12pm.

Nothing I can't live without, don't get me wrong. Just wondering if it's able to disable it.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I don't know if this will work or not, but what if you go to your profile and edit it to say you're somewhere else in the world that has a time zone that is different enough that it won't bonk you to the next day until you want.

Might not work. I bet it uses the computer's internal clock so it knows when you are.

Good luck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Additionally you could just rename your meals to time periods, Instead of Breakfast call it 06:00-12:00 Lunch 12:00 - 18:00 and so on.

@mtaratoot suggestion re timezones is the only way you'd be able to change the changeover. You can change timezone in the app.

Regarding the quick add macros, Protein accounts for 4 cals per gram so if you're adding protein it has to update your calories. Only way around it is to deduct the Protein calories manually from your Quick Add Calorie only total. Would it not perhaps be easier just to create or log a food for these items?
  • sytrusze1980
    sytrusze1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, that will work for now!