Protein Powder

Options
Athijade
Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
So I am looking for a protein powder to be able to add to my diet, but I am struggling. I need something soy free with no artificial sweeteners (even things like Stevia are a no go). This is due to medical reasons, not because I just "think" they are bad or anything like that. I think they are both fine for a normal person but they make me ill due to my Interstitial Cystitis.

Would also be nice if it didn't taste horrible too...

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Try Vega's line of powders. There are different flavors for you to try but, personally, I think all protein powders shouldn't bother.

They never taste like what they say it's supposed to taste like 🤷🏿‍♀️ Just add your own chocolate, berries, PB&J or what have you.

Anyhooo... Vega 😂
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Unless you have problem w/dairy or eggs, unflavored whey protein powder and/or egg white powder should work.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to just eat it plain? I mix Garden of Life unflavored and unsweetened into my smoothies, but I wouldn't recommend it just mixed with water or milks.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like hemp powder. The dark green color can be a bit unappetizing, but it's good in smoothies with green veggies
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to just eat it plain? I mix Garden of Life unflavored and unsweetened into my smoothies, but I wouldn't recommend it just mixed with water or milks.

Oh no... I want to have it on hand to mix into smoothies and maybe things like pancakes. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my health this past year has gotten worse especially with my chronic fatigue. I just think it would be good to have for those times where I don't have energy to make a more balanced meal. A smoothie is fast and easy for me to put together for example.

I used to use it all the time back in the day, but the brands I used are no longer safe for me to have.