Syncing my watch

Options
Hi, I cant sync my Samsung galaxy smart watch to the app does anyone know why?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Have you managed to sync it previously or is this your initial attempt at trying to sync it?

It's always a good idea to check the Help pages first in case there is a known issue:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002215711-Troubleshooting

If you can rule out a known issue and you've had it synced before, try unpairing it from MFP in both MFP & Samsung Health.

If it's the first time you're connecting it try it through the web version if you were doing it through the app and vice-versa.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting the MFP app feature for only Step Source and saying to use the Samsung?
    That means there is no account synced, MFP is merely getting steps - using some super rough calcs as to how many calories that might be, and giving you an adjustment.

Or attempting to link MFP account to a Samsung Health account?
    That means Samsung will send daily burn figures to MFP based on Samsung getting figures from the device, and number of steps.

The latter function seems to be mainly broken unless there was a gap of time when it worked.