Is it safe to lose 2 lbs a week?

Options
Hello everyone!
I’d like to know how you all feel about a 45yr old female that weighs 175 lbs and is 5’3 inches trying to lose 2 lbs a week. My calories are reduced to 1200 calories. I do exercise 5-6 days a week. Focusing on trying to get vegan protein in. Tend to eat more carbs and that’s been my problem.

Thank you🙂

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Rocio12 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I’d like to know how you all feel about a 45yr old female that weighs 175 lbs and is 5’3 inches trying to lose 2 lbs a week. My calories are reduced to 1200 calories. I do exercise 5-6 days a week. Focusing on trying to get vegan protein in. Tend to eat more carbs and that’s been my problem.

Thank you🙂

Glad you've got the protein angle covered :)

Are your carbs providing fiber? I can easily over-eat pasta and bread, but higher fiber foods like beans fill me up nicely. There are endless possibilities for vegan rice & bean dishes.

Try running a report on fiber and see if you've been hitting your goal.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports

You can swap another item out in your diary for fiber here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Rocio12
    Rocio12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sijomial Member
    February 1, 2021 1:55PM
    If your Peleton bike has a power meter then your calorie burns could well be very accurate.

To get the most from your exercise you can't eat like a mouse!

Yes! I’ve realized this!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I have two words to think on. Loose skin. As you get older it is more of a threat.

Whenever I lose slowly.. I tell myself.. my skin will have time to adjust. At times, I wonder if all the problems with loose skin is when we get so dedicated we lose super fast and are left with another problem.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I’m slightly older but also started out being 5 ft 2 1/2 (gotta count that 1/2 inch!)and 175 pounds and has lost 40 pounds. I took a different approach than what you are talking about. It took me about 2 years to lose the 40. I think it was about 25 the first year and 15 the second. The reason I did it this way was because I wanted to create a whole new attitude and approach to my health, not just deprive myself for awhile to reach a goal. I also loved that I didn’t have to restrict too much so it didn’t seem overwhelming. There was also room for the occasional slip ups or intentional overages. Good luck as you figure out your path.