Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Options

Replies

• Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @Angief05 - Got it. I misread your ratios - thought you were at 50% carbs, but its actually 50% protein! Vital Proteins is a brand of collagen protein powder. It's unflavored and dissolves completely in water - hot or cold so it's a good mix in to things like smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.

@speyerj;c-
    where do you buy the Vital Proteins?
  • Angief05
    Options
    @speyerj where do you buy the VITALS protein?
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and think it might give me the encouragement I need. Started off really well in January, but have slacked off now and it's hard to get back on track. Seems to always be the way with me. I start out strong and then I get depressed because the weigh isn't coming off as easily as I hoped, so I get discouraged and say "what the hell", and eat some ice cream. I lost 6 lbs in January and then gained 3 back this week. Stupid!!
    Height 5"5
    Age 63
    SW 238
    CW 235
    GW 175
    Feb goals are to drink more water, log all my food and be nicer to myself.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog welcome back! I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress right now - I can't imagine how hard that must be. Are you able to talk to your husband while he's in DR, at least?

@mjstewies hello! You still finished January down 3 lb from the start of the year, that's not nothing, and 3lb in a month is excellent progress. If you've got your goals set to -2lb per week, maybe reset them to -1lb per week. You are not required to suffer just because your body is larger than you want it to be right now. Weight loss is not a race, and anyway the generally-recommended maximum rate of loss is about 1% of your bodyweight per week - that's not a goal, mind, but a limit, like "this is the absolute most you should expect to lose in a week if you're doing this safely, and expect it to be less than that, more often than not."

@BeginAgain1229 hello new friend! I have the same comment for you as for mjstewies above - it looks like you also have very ambitious goals for this month, which is not a bad thing! But I see people all over these boards, especially right now, who set themselves up for frustration by making their goals too aggressive right out of the gate. I want all of us beautiful, amazing women in this group to succeed - I want to see us all looking and feeling better and better every month and being our best selves.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog welcome back! I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress right now - I can't imagine how hard that must be. Are you able to talk to your husband while he's in DR, at least?

@goal06082021 Thank you for your post! Yes, thankfully the telephone and the internet work quite well so we can video chat. Juggling bills and commitments are another story! ay yai yai But food, I can control food! haha
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021
    Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I know I should be glad to have lost in January and that any loss is great. I am really going to try and be more positive this month, but still try to stop the indulgences. :wink:
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Angief05 - I find it at Costco, but I am sure you can pick it up on Amazon, GNC, etc.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @Spotteddingo @goal06082021 @MuttiNM @Laughter_Girl thank you for the well wishes! Sending them back to you all in spades. And to the many others I know are reading these posts and cheering us all on, kind thoughts also go a long way :).

@goal06082021 eesh, take it easy on that shoulder. I had pain and limited mobility in my shoulder a couple of times over the last few months, I used to trap a nerve in my shoulder blades quite easily when I was a teen, so I've always assumed it was that but I never considered tendonitis or inflammation. Get well soon!

@iloveeggnog welcome back! Hoping the days until you can be reunited whizz by.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ooh I love blood oranges! They are good any time of day in my book. Keep going on the cooking effort, you're making great progress.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @mumof6sv Glad your ankle is getting better and congrats on the loss!!! I upped my calories to try to shake things up, but due to the hectic work week, I have not been able to hit my calorie goal. I have ended each day with leftover calories because there's only so much I can eat at dinner before I'm stuffed. I hope next week is better, and I'm afraid of what the scale will reveal tomorrow.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I was impressed and jealous of your 4-hr nap. Ha, ha, ha.

@BeginAgain1229 Sounds stressful. Definitely take some time for you... even if you just stroll slowly on the treadmill and watch a good show. Every little bit counts.

@mjstewies Hang in there. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Celebrate your successes (3 lbs gone is a win!!)]】] and definitely be nice to yourself. You deserve it.

@IsETHome I LOVE potato chips too; there my love language. 😅 I try to be rational when I plan my meals though to account for the macronutrients I need. Chips rarely fit; therefore, I don't eat them as much. The good thing is, I don't crave them as long as my body is getting the nutrients it needs. You've got this!

@iloveeggnog Sending big hugs your way because your life definitely sounds stressful. Glad you can at least talk to hubby. Do what you can to take care of you and know that things will get better for you. You keep at it and remain focused, your hubby will come home to healthier you. Keep your head up!
  • Angief05
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @Angief05 - I find it at Costco, but I am sure you can pick it up on Amazon, GNC, etc.

Thank you, I don't have a Costco close by and with Covid don't want to go into Alberta to Costco there. I did search Amazon and found it. I bought a smaller container first to try, but after reading how good it is for so much I am sure will make it a daily thing.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Angie
  • Angief05
    Options
    EliseSon wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I would love to be a part of this wholesome community! I am currently 217 pounds and have already lost 10 pounds since January 24th! Overall I have lost 133 pounds in the last 2 years. I am looking to make some friends on here to motivate me so any requests are very welcome!

@EliseSon Congrats on the weightloss thus far. That is a great accomplishment, even harder to keep it off. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Angie