DESSERT..ideas ?? Angel food cake&pudding

Kaysmile012015
Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
edited February 2021 in Recipes
I have Angel food cake and various puddings, I am looking to make a dessert thats around idk..maby 300 cals per/serv or under;Any yummy, tasty, delicious ideas???
- I am willing to buy( few)other ingredients, like fruit, and whip cream.
- Is Angel food cake the better choice for a lower calorie trifle type dessert???

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    If you're going to incorporate cake, you could do worse than Angel Food - it's less dense because of all the air in the meringue.

You can make an Angel Food Trifle to serve 16 for about 200 cal per piece:
    * 2 angel food cakes
    * 16 oz Cool Whip
    * 1 12-oz jar maraschino cherries, halved, reserve the syrup
    * 1 14-oz can crushed pineapple, reserve the juice
    * 1/2-1 cup sweetened desiccated coconut (optional)

Tear the angel food cakes into roughly 1" pieces. Halve the cherries and remove stems, if present. In a large cake tin or trifle container, layer the ingredients thusly, listed bottom-to-top:
    1. Angel food cake
    2. Drizzle 2-3 tbsp maraschino syrup
    3. Drizzle 2-3 tbsp pineapple juice
    4. Cool Whip
    5. Maraschino halves and pineapple
    6. Repeat 1-5 until you run out of space or ingredients, top with desiccated coconut if using.

I would use a 9x13 pan, since that will be easier to cut into 16 pieces, but you could also use a proper trifle container and weigh it out, then divide that by 16 to get your serving size.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Pavlova, made with half the sugar in the meringue swapped out for Splenda. Replace the cream with yoghurt. Add fresh fruit.

Creme brulee or creme caramel. You will need to use real sugar for the caramel topping but can use Splenda in the body of the pudding. I use 100ml milk to 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar for the body of the pudding per serving.
  • Suzyvero
    Suzyvero Posts: 1 Member
    I mixed 1 package of Angel Food Cake Mix with a can (16-20 oz) of crushed pineapple (do not drain) and put into a cake pan, that I first sprayed with Pam cooking spray...cook at 350 for 25 minutes. When cool, top with Cool Whip Lite. This is so good, I could've eaten the entire cake and I'm not a real fan of Angel Food! Calories per slice 200 - I think there are less calorie cake mixes but my store only had one brand. This can also be topped with fresh strawberries or blueberries. Easiest cake I've ever made! No eggs, water, oil, etc. just the mix and pineapples.
  • claridiva2000
    claridiva2000 Posts: 3 Member
    My favorite dessert is a chocolate pudding cake. The ingredients are the same as what you would use to make a 400 calorie breakfast. Its also gluten free.
    1 egg
    40 g oatmeal
    1.5 cup almond milk or regular milk
    1 Tbsp Baking powder
    4 tbsp Cocoa powder
    About 30 g dark chocolate
    2-3 tbsp Honey or sugar free syrup
    1/3rd cup stevia or Splenda
    3 pinches Xanthum gum in dry mix
    2 pinches xantham gum for sauce
    A few pinches of salt

3 pinches of Xanthum gum for chocolate sauce

Blend the dry ingredients with the first 3 pinches of Xanthum gum in a blender until it looks like a fine powder. add to a regular cereal bowl

Add your egg and half the almond milk along with 2 tbsp honey. If you use sugar fee syrup then you will have more freedom with the amount of sweetness w/o adding too many calories.the better should be somewhat loose like cake batter. If it looks more like brownie batter than add more milk.

Microwave the cake for 2 minutes at a time until it's done. It should be soft like a normal chocolate cake. Be careful not to overcook it.

Chocolate pudding sauce:
    In a small sauce pan add the rest of the milk, 30g dark chocolate and the last tablespoon of honey/syrup. Heat on medium, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Add more cocoa powder if you want it darker. Add splenda to taste and a pinch of salt.
    Lastly, grab a whisk or fork and whisk quikly while adding 2 pinches of xantham gum. Keep whisking until the sauce thickens to close to the consistency of chocolate sauce. While hot, pour on top of your cake and enjoy. If you want more of a pudding texture,just let it cool a bit. The sauce will thicken to something like chocolate pudding.

Eat the whole thing for about 420 calories or share with someone for about 210 calories.

It will taste like a real chocolate cake and will be very filling as it's essentially the same ingredients as a bowl of oatmeal with an egg and a glass of milk.

Enjoy!

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hungry girls pineapple shake
    1 cup frozen pineapple
    1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1 cup almond milk
    2 spoonfuls of stevia

Blend it all up!

LORD JESUS bless
  • vivianwang42699
    vivianwang42699 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, My favorite diet dessert is Sweet Potato Brownie. It tastes really similar to the real brownie but with lower calories.
    Ingredients:
    3/4 cup (143g) mashed sweet potato (1 large)
    1 cup (227g) unsalted almond butter stirred well (Can substitute with silk tofu)
    1/4 cup maple syrup (can remove if sweet potato is a naturally good sweeter for you)
    1/3 cup (35g) almond flour (can substitute with oat/oat bran)
    4 tablespoons (31g) unsweetened raw cacao powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Mix all of the ingredients and baked it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Better taste after putting in the fridge for one night :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    A trifle. Angel food cake, custard/pudding, fresh fruit.