Looking for HELP- losing too much weight.

Good morning folks!
So somewhere along my weight loss journey I injured my foot, due to the medication I am now taking I seem to have lost my appetite completely. I’m looking for advice maybe from the weightlifting community to put on some pounds... I am currently 110 lbs at 5’5 so slightly underweight. Trying to tackle this issue before it gets worse. I found a bulking powder at gnc that’s 1340 calories more than I can get in a day so planning on implementing that. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thank you

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    It sounds like you're on the right track. Take all the tips and tricks people like to throw around about how to lose weight and do the opposite:
    - eat on a schedule not necessarily when you're hungry
    - seek out liquid calories and/or calorie-dense foods

That said, you're only 2-3 lbs below the underweight threshold. Are you able to exercise at all to gain muscle right now?
  • kaIesalad
    kaIesalad Posts: 3 Member
    I can exercise my upper body, I have pt helping me with my foot/leg muscles.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    I am concerned about what medication you are taking for your foot that would affect your apatite! And for how long? Yikes!

Anyway, you know it isn't complicated to eat a little more food in the day. Just add a snack or two somewhere that you haven't had one. Eat something calorie dense and healthy, like avocado on toast, nut butter on toast, butter on toast, cheese on toast. (Hey, I like toast, what can I say?)

Best of luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
  • schneezle
    schneezle Posts: 6 Member
    kaIesalad wrote: »
    Good morning folks!
    So somewhere along my weight loss journey I injured my foot, due to the medication I am now taking I seem to have lost my appetite completely. I’m looking for advice maybe from the weightlifting community to put on some pounds... I am currently 110 lbs at 5’5 so slightly underweight. Trying to tackle this issue before it gets worse. I found a bulking powder at gnc that’s 1340 calories more than I can get in a day so planning on implementing that. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thank you

I think 110 pounds at a height of 5 foot 5 inches seems very thin. When I was about 23 I weighed 105 and I am 5 foot 4 inches.

I put on 10 pounds in basic training in the military and everyone said I looked much better.

Good luck with getting healthier and I hope your appetite comes back; I only wish I weighed what I did way back then lol - it seems the older you get the harder it is to lose ☺
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Go for calorie dense foods..full fat milk, cottage cheese, ice cream, etc; all within context of hitting micros and macros...