Can anyone suggest an eating plan to follow that is easy, filling, and low calorie?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'll get bit and then all I will eat is brains - no preperation needed.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I'll get bit and then all I will eat is brains - no preperation needed.
    You’ve got this!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Perfect - $85 for a couple?

Not for two. For one man:
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    $150-$160 a week maybe for meals for two people.

Right now I spend around $75-$100 doing it all myself for us.

The NutriSystem plan for men I linked above comes to $85 per week and hopefully the women's is a little less as it provides 300 less calories, so right in your ballpark. Try it for a month.

(However, as I remember you're a big guy so you'll need more than 1500 calories per day, especially since you exercise.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    What happens if there is a zombie apocalypse? 😂

Oh, I'm first in line for growing the food and cooking the food. I should start saving seeds now. And dried beans. Oh wait, I already am :lol:

Others can hit up the gun stores - I'll be scavenging at the garden centers.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You may want to look at the subscription service (meal plan map dot com). They're a monthly charge that offers the meal plans and then provides the recipes, shopping lists etc that you can print out. They used to be ediets which I had been very successful with and loved their plans. In the past they offered atkins options so not sure if the new site has it. They usually will provide the calories and you can then switch to the pre-packaged items that fill it similar. I don't think the new site lists the different packaged meals that they used to do, but possible they still do; I just didn't use that plan when I tried the new site. You do have to shop for your own food so if you want food delivery options this won't do that for you (at least I don't believe they offer their food delivery with this site).

Their recipes were usually for the 1 serving but usually able to increase the recipe for multiples.

I had liked their meal plans over what Spark People offered.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Perfect - $85 for a couple?

FYI, I believe Nutrisystem is all freeze-dried and powdered food. Even devotees of meal prepping/pre-made meals might find it difficult to sustain for life.

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Personally, for me I found it very important to track food, calories and macros in beginning (for as long as it takes to get a good understanding of what you eat and it's macro/calorie content. This trains one to actually understand what a TBSP (leveled) of butter actual is. How much is a ounce of cheddar cheese what does it look like (16 slices out of 1lb brick)? How many ounces is a typical roasted chicken leg (7 to 9oz) and how many calories is it. etc.

Once you have a good handle on all that sort of stuff, it becomes less important to track. And then all one needs to do is occasionally look up a food your not familiar with. Or if you find yourself struggling and weight loss slows or stops, you may wish to log your foods again for a few days and see what the deal is. Or perhaps you've reached the point where a further restriction would be beneficial.

Anywhoo, once you understand the food you eat better. Then you also understand portion size. Perhaps at the beginning of the diet for me I may eat 6 ounces of Prime Rib steak with broccoli for dinner... However 6 months from now I will probably limit my self to 5 or even less etc. Adjusting can become very easy. For a snack where I might have had 1 ounce of cheese, I may just have 3/4 ounce... Or 1 mini peppertree instead of 2 through out the course of the day.

It isn't mandatory to maintain that strict journal for life. Depending on how you keep that journal it can be quite time intensive (paper journal, constantly looking up info in a book) and as such can deplete time with your family and personal enjoyment in a life where there isn't enough time already. (This is why I like MYP, as it very quick to utilize).

One last thought... We eat very much the same things diet or not. Chicken, porkchops, Steak, Sausages, Random more complicated meal like Keto Taco's or keto shepherds Pie or keto Pizza etc,,, Monday I made curried butter chicken thighs for the first time on Cauliflower rice. But we constantly have the core 4 meals, Chicken thighs or legs, Porkchops, Steak and sausages every single week. So I can safely say I very much know the calorie content of those particular meals. The vegetables also rotate, Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, Salad. You might think it's boring, but I absolutely love all those foods, and that's whether I'm dieting or not.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Even with experiencing logging, some people might struggle to consistently distinguish 3/4 of an ounce of cheese from 1 ounce or 5 ounces of meat from 6. "Portion drift" is a real thing and many of us lack eyeballs that double as accurate weight scales.

I think it's great this works for you, but I think we should acknowledge that there are some people also find long-term success by continuing to use tools to accurately measure portion size and to log their meals.

I would say tracking macro's is actually very important for certain people. In the end whatever works best for each individual. I do agree with you. I'm currently measuring and accounting for everything (even 4 pieces of pork rinds), as I enjoy doing it right now, and it's helping me stay motivated. Should I loose the enthusiasm for tracking at some point, I also hope I don't sweat it and take it as a sign of defeat. Again whatever keeps you motivated and positive.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Skinnytaste.com She was a blogger who is now published.. She's been cooking tasty recipes making them lower calories for years. I find the recipes delicious. She has a laid out recipe plan you can follow. I'd check that out.. especially if you want tasty satisfying food.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    how will you keep it off once (if) you lose it?

You don't learn anything by letting someone else do all the work for you.

my sister, for example, went to a fat camp in her early 20s. lost weight. came home, gained it all back plus some. she didn't learn anything. someone else was doing all the work of meal planning, prepping, and calorie counting.
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Have a look at Freshly. It's not cheap but it offers prepared delivered meals that you only need to heat and eat.