dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is awesome and cheap.
    Chicken breast is awesome.
    Protein powder too.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt each have in the neighborhood of 23 grams of protein per cup.

Chia seed pudding has the benefit of providing not only protein, but also soluble fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, egg whites, turkey, chicken, tuna, protein shakes, tofu.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas and lentils .. yum!! Makes me want a bean salad ... Just sayin.

As a vegetarian, I've found plenty of high protein foods that I enjoy :) I'm not sure about the fat content, though. Here's a list!

-Protein Bars (such as Fibre 1, Nature Valley [a bit high on calories for this one though], etc.)- YUM!
    -Plain Greek Yogurt. I prefer Liberte's 0% Plain. It has 17g of protein per serving, and only 100 calories. With strawberries or blueberries on top, DELICIOUS!
    -Lentils. A 1/2 cup of cooked lentils has 9g of protein! They're very universal, as they go well in salads, soups, stews, etc!
    -Egg whites! I ADORE having scrambled egg whites with breakfast- they're light, low calorie, and high in protein (4g per white)!
    -Chickpeas (and other beans)! A half a cup contains 10g of protein! They're also called garbanzo beans. They can be used to make homemade hummus, in salads, curries, and even in desserts! (Check this out: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/)
    -Milk, of course! 1 cup has 9g of protein (for 1%). It's classic!

I hope that I helped! Good luck!
  • luv2garnets
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate your help!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting a link to this thread. I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a list of foods sorted by the amount of protein per 100 grams.

CORRECTION:
    Oops! I misread the chart. It lists serving size per 100 calories and grams per 100 calories, but not protein grams per 100 grams of weight. My mistake. But that is still a handy chart to have.