Echo Mountain/Inspiration Point #3/18

Options
I’m continuing my personal 2021 challenge of hiking 18 peaks. This hike sits in the Angeles National Forest in Altadena, CA (next to Pasadena). This is a 10.5 mile loop trail that after 2.5 miles takes you to Echo Mountain. At 3176 ft it’s not the tallest mountain but it has historical significance. A railway was actually built up this mountain along with a huge house and a host of other structures.
jlmkbcvj4p0l.jpeg
orfernjxfpm8.jpeg
mthd5b76uhm9.jpeg

Echo Mountain is named because yes you can yell out and hear an echo - they even have a replica of a horn you can yell into (some did and I did hear the echo)
9u6skpomh2zd.jpeg

The buildings are long gone but remnants of the railway are there. Continuing up to Inspiration Point at 4540 ft I hiked through a beautiful canyon ending up at the point where numerous scopes are set up to help you locate numerous landmarks
7zvgy6t3dj4i.jpeg
0r883do7ck74.jpeg

Here is the view where you can see the tall buildings in downtown Los Angeles and in the distance Catalina Island
617m4ci4dj2o.jpeg

Overall was a great day with great weather. Up next Bedford Peak with hopefully no rain.