Quorn etc ideas

Options
Hey all,

I'm veggie and I've really been finding quorn and Linda Maccartny meat subsistutes very useful lately. I do know that it's better to eat from scratch and I do make stuff with beans and lentils but I find these good for both time crunch and protein goals. I'm not allergic to soy.

Anyway, does anyone have any good ideas? At the moment I love quorn mince in spicy wraps. I'd like to find something really tasty to do with chicken pieces next.

The are also pretty low cal 😊

Replies

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I rarely see Quorn where I live now, but when I lived in the UK I used to buy it all the time. My favourite dish to make with the 'chicken' pieces was sweet and sour (not breaded) adding in red peppers, onions, and the tiny little corn cobs (which I also can't get here grrr) and also a tin of sliced water chestnuts and bamboo shoots for fiber and crunch.
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds yummy! Thanks😊
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    "Chicken" Buritos! I usually use a different chicken substitute for that, but Quorn chicken pieces should work, too.

A simple dish is making a pasta dish with pre-made tomato based pasta sauce, some veggie mince, garlic and onions, and pasta of your choosing. As cooking goes slightly frying some onions and garlic, throwing in mince, and adding tomato sauce whike cooking pasta on the other element is pretty fast and easy.

A local pizza place uses quorn nuggets as one of their toppings. Tastes good, so worth consideration.

Burgers are always nice. If you just want the protein hit you can use salad leaves to wrap a patty and condiments. Or you could use corn or ricethins instead of buns.

Chicken pieces work well in any curry-ish sauce. Or peanut satay.

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Mince:
    Chilli,
    Bolognese,
    Cottage pie
    Lasagna
    Tex-Mex "lasagne" (chilli flavoured- use low fat wraps instead of pasta layers & passata instead of bechemel sauce)
    Mince & dumplings (veggie atora lower fat)
    Pieces:
    Fajitas
    Enchillada
    "Chicken" pie (we have a recipie that uses wraps cut into nachos but could use scrunched filo pastry)
    Nandos kit
    Sweet & sour chinese
    Any stir-fry with veg & sauce or lemon/soy sauce.

Fillets:
    Tend to use with a Nandos kit
    Or coat with tandoori paste made from fat free yoghurt & tandoori powder

Sausage casserole using quorn on linda Mac sausages.

TBH any chicken or pork recipe works well with quorn pieces.
    Happy Experimenting
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Quorn satay, as another poster has mentioned... (for 2 people)
    Start boiling 10 min rice.

1 tbsp coconut oil,
    1 tsp each 'lazy' garlic and chilli
    (Fry off the vinegar smell, but stirring to avoid burning it)
    Add the chicken pieces (works with real chicken too!)
    Add 2tbsp crunchy peanut butter and a can of chopped tomatoes.
    Stir and simmer until the rice is done. Season and serve. 😋
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks guys, lots to try out here