Fitbit and MFP

Options
Just got Fitbit versa 2 and I’m wondering if any of you lovely people knows how to disable calorie estimation. Since the watch shows that I burnt some crazy amount of calorie which just isn’t possible. I thought the watch just showed the calories burnt by exercise etc hope someone can help 😅🙇🏼‍♀️

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    It's not crazy usually, though some have higher or lower than shown - Fitbit is showing you a total daily burn, everything included.

Why do you think it's crazy level?
    Some people aren't aware the majority of your daily burn is base metabolism like when sleeping.
    And if this is first day with accounts linked probably not correct figures, though it usually tends on the low end then.

It's also not calorie estimation if you are talking about MFP's line for Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - that line corrects MFP estimate of your daily burn from whatever of the 4 activity level you selected, to whatever Fitbit estimates you burned from 1000's of levels from being on you.

But to the Fitbit - no it's a daily activity tracker - not ONLY exercise.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's probably showing you your BMR as well which is basically what your body burns by just being alive. I've done no exercise today but my calories burnt are 1,744 because that's my BMR