Work from Home has Destroyed my Fitness Routine

Options
samschaufler
samschaufler Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! I made this account a few years ago and never used it, but now I'm giving it another go! I tend to gain weight easily and quickly so I've always had to be very on top of it. I've lost weight in the past, after graduating from college. I succeeded in a 30 pound weight loss and was the most confident I had ever been! I managed to maintain a healthy lifestyle for 4 years until Covid-19 happened. I've been working from home for the past year and it has completely ruined me. I lost all motivation to do much of anything and I've learned that I am absolutely NOT a homebody. I have failed over and over again at sticking to home workouts and my lack of motivation has caused me to use door dash WAY too often. I gained 80 pounds in a year and I no longer recognize myself. I not only miss the healthier skinny me, but the happier, confident and active me. I got covid at the beginning of January, but now I'm recovered and ready to kick myself back into shape. Now that I have the antibodies, I feel a little safer about going back to a gym. Trying not to be too hard on myself, but instead looking at this as an opportunity to really transform into an all around better me. Hoping that I can make friends on this platform to help me stay motivated and accountable. :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Plan it. Write it down. Then follow it to a tee. After about 3 weeks, you'll get back into the habit again. Just DON'T expect to start off from where you left off. You'll tire easier, you'll be sorer and it's gonna be tougher. But that's how it always is when you have to restart. But you HAVE to restart to get going.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png