Sore Legs!?!

Options
Hello. I recently switched to a one meal a day plan. It’s been working great for weight loss, however I noticed I am really sore after a workout and it last longer than normal. I did a pretty easy leg workout and it’s been 3 days and it feel like the lactic acid in my legs has yet to go. Should I be taking at least a protein shake after a workout. What causes soreness after a workout? Thanks

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Hello. I recently switched to a one meal a day plan. It’s been working great for weight loss, however I noticed I am really sore after a workout and it last longer than normal. I did a pretty easy leg workout and it’s been 3 days and it feel like the lactic acid in my legs has yet to go. Should I be taking at least a protein shake after a workout. What causes soreness after a workout? Thanks

It's the workout (and the resulting damage to and rebuilding of the muscle) that causes the DOMS, or delayed onset muscle soreness. Recovery from DOMS varies, and I'm not aware of anything that indicates meal-timing affects it.
    You may be able to reduce it during the next workout by reducing load volume.

If the soreness is not delayed but first occurs during the workout, it's possible you strained/pulled something, and recovery could take longer.