Nearly 40 and weight not moving

Options
Eamon32
Eamon32 Posts: 15 Member
So I have been trying to lose weight again as I am nearing the big 4 0 however no matter what I try it doesn’t seem to be working very cliche right!
So my Diary is on here and to be honest I try my best to log everything that passes my lips which includes Tennessee’s finest.
I mostly stay within my range and even exercise regular to try and burn a few extra but no matter what I just don’t seem to lose weight.
I was a big fitness fanatic in my younger days but now I just can’t seem to get anywhere with it, aching joints don’t help but I plough through that with no noticeable achievements.
Any advice would be appreciated please

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    The answer is almost always in this chart somewhere.

I'm 43 and short and lose consistently

i0w3vijwv0ea.jpg
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's not your age.

Could you give a timeline?
    Not clear how long you have been trying.
    Does "not working" mean no weight lost at all?

Logging:
    Not seeing any drinks with calories in your diary?
    No butter or spread on your bread?
    No sauces or condiments?

Your cycling calories look high for the speed stated? On road, off road? MyFitnessPal estimates or another method?
  • adcraw4life
    adcraw4life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel like age is somewhat a factor in that as we get older you just have to change up what you are doing because something may work better then something else. My problem is sweets and I have to not indulge at all because I am an addict and it takes me on this downward spiral and I have a hard time getting back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation if needed.