Getting Across the finish line to your goal weigh

Options
mpkpbk2015
mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
I am so close to my goal weigh I can taste it (pun). Today I only lost .2 of a pound. I have 1.8 to go by April 6th my Birthday, It was been 2 years since I started and I have lost 98 of 100 pounds. I know things slow down and I am taking it one day at a time. I have tweaked my protein and carbs. This week I guess I can tweak my exercise routine. It's just getting hard now that I am so close. I am thankful I have not gained during Covid as so many of my friends have. Anyone out there have any additional suggestions.2jrwfnvcz6bm.jpgstarting my journey
rcr6fhk80z5f.jpgnear the finish
And stopping now is not an option I set a goal of 100 and want to for once in my life finish what I started.

Replies

• DavWillTry
    DavWillTry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Hang in there, it will happen! :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    @mpkpbk2015
    First of all, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment!

Sadly, happens to almost all of us...but I saw as one one say plateaus & the slower wt loss as we get closer to our wt goal is what helps us Prepare for Maintenance!! When we don’t get the endorphin lift of the scale going down.

And Maintenance is the real measure of Success!

I changed my mindset. I told myself it was good that I was losing slowly, learning to more eat as stringently (which would not be sustainable). I also read a slower wt loss helps us retain more muscle (but I have not confirmed this.)

However, as I’m sure you know
    1.8 lbs x 3,500 cals/lb is 6,300 calorie deficit needed to lose 1.8 lbs.

Your birthday is 58 days from now. You’ll just need to average 109 cal deficit per day (through decrease calories eaten or as you mentioned “tweaking your exercise.”

Totally do-able for a pro like you!

And then all those things you know:
    Lots of water
    Fiber
    Low sodium
    Good night’s sleep

Will help!

We’ll be cheering you on❣️
    Maddie
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Maddie Thank you I drink 120 oz of water a day. I do need to cutback on my sodium that's a tweak I had not thought of I only have about 1500 to 1600 g a day. And more fiber would be good too. Thank so much for your encouragement. Have a Happy Sunday.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Thanks for your words of Encouragement DavwillTry
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! What a journey!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    Maddie Thank you I drink 120 oz of water a day. I do need to cutback on my sodium that's a tweak I had not thought of I only have about 1500 to 1600 g a day. And more fiber would be good too. Thank so much for your encouragement. Have a Happy Sunday.

You are welcome. Your sodium sounds perfect.

What’s your walking or exercise like? Frequency?
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    I walk 6 days a week for between 30 to 45 mins. at a moderate pace weather permitting.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Thanks Rosebarnalice for your support.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    DavWillTry wrote: »
    You're doing great! Hang in there, it will happen! :)

Thank you so much, I know I lost inches so the weight plateau is just what it is. You stay safe and warm it's cold all over out there. And I appreciate the words of support.✔👍
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    All of you who have been stuck in plateaus what little pushes got you over the hump. Its a cold cold day in Texas AND I need a little inspiration. Thank you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Try a new workout or recipe? I like to make soup, usually lots of veggies with chicken. Low calorie, nutritious, warm and filling. I hope you have power and water wherever you are in Texas. It's a mess!
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Try a new workout or recipe? I like to make soup, usually lots of veggies with chicken. Low calorie, nutritious, warm and filling. I hope you have power and water wherever you are in Texas. It's a mess!

Power went out a couple of times, back on now. No snow tonight thank God. They are telling us to conserve water now because the lakes are frozen and the treatment plants are running low. I am in a place called Plano about 30 miles north of Dallas. I have been getting workout ideas from my fellow MFP members. Funny you said soup because that's what I made for dinner tonight because it's so darn cold here. I made a huge pot so I will have it for the next couple of days. Thank you and have a good evening. 👍👍👍