I am 75 pounds over the weight I want to weight

athenakay
athenakay Posts: 15
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
:smile: Hello,
I have been married 32 years, and have three grown sons, two beautiful daughter-in-laws, three granddaughters and one grandson.

I was in a car accident 7 years ago and gained 50 pounds over a period of three years. I was in a wheel chair for three years and crutches since I started walking. I can walk about one block now without any aid, but then I have to sit or use crutches.:cry:

I would love to weigh 125 pounds. I want to be active with my grandchildren and family. The first pictures my grandchildren drew of me were of me in a wheel chair or on crutches because that was the only way they knew me. The extra weight makes my knees and feet hurt. Okay enough about the pain. :bigsmile:

I am very thankful to be alive and have an opportunity to lose weight and gain more strength in the process.:heart:

Replies

• athenakay
    :smile: Hello,
    I have been married 32 years, and have three grown sons, two beautiful daughter-in-laws, three granddaughters and one grandson.

I was in a car accident 7 years ago and gained 50 pounds over a period of three years. I was in a wheel chair for three years and crutches since I started walking. I can walk about one block now without any aid, but then I have to sit or use crutches.:cry:

I would love to weigh 125 pounds. I want to be active with my grandchildren and family. The first pictures my grandchildren drew of me were of me in a wheel chair or on crutches because that was the only way they knew me. The extra weight makes my knees and feet hurt. Okay enough about the pain. :bigsmile:

I am very thankful to be alive and have an opportunity to lose weight and gain more strength in the process.:heart:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    I lost 70 lbs the past couple of years. I feel sooooo great! My kids love the fact they can hug me and actually get their arms around me:laugh: ! We go for runs, bike rides, play catch. It has been great!

It has been quite a journey. I've had my ups and downs, but it has been such a learning experience, I've loved every moment of it.

All the best to you and you journey!:drinker:
  • athenakay
    teetse14

Thank you for the encouragement. I am very excited about having a place where I can truly be transparent about what I weigh. I am going to be thankful for every 10 pounds that comes off.
  • kammie18
    kammie18 Posts: 10
    Welcome to the site! You definitely need to take things day by day and see how you feel. If you are up to a block today, maybe next week you can try for a block and a half. Baby steps is the way to do it! Good luck with your goals!!!
  • athenakay
    Kammie18

Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to slow down and take the baby steps as you mentioned.:love:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to the site. It is good to have you here. Good luck:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!! As the others mentioned its one step at a time......I am right with you, I huff and puff walkin a block myself. Keep your spirits up and just keep moving, and grateful for 10 pounds, Heck I am grateful for 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are gonna do great!!!!!!!!!!!

Ur friend Sassie
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Welcome athena.
This discussion has been closed.