A good pedometer?

truly_blessed90
truly_blessed90 Posts: 42
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am going out to buy a pedometer today. Anyone have recommendations? I don't need an expensive watch that does 1000 things but I do want it to be some what accurate.

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Love my Omron hj 113. ($23 on amazon.) have found it very accurate, just slip it in your pocket. It comes with a security strap. I've had mine for two years now. Had to replace the little battery, but otherwise it's terrific. security clip keeps it from getting lost.
  • BubbaBriggs
    BubbaBriggs Posts: 8 Member
    Personally I use Accupedo for my android phone. You can set a "sleep" time where it won't count and only to count during certain hours. Didn't tie in with MFP, but I add it to my endomondo history each night and then it does. Plus it's free and pretty accurate. It does eat a slight amount Mir battery on your phone, not to much though.
  • Thanks so much, guys!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    I just got my fitbit and love it! I did have to change my stride length but since doing that it's accurate within 1 step. I also love that I can clip it to my bra so it's discrete and I can wear it even when I'm wearing dresses etc.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    I have had my fitbit since mid-March. Have worn it everyday except one day in April I forgot to put it on and felt LOST. LOL

I agree about clipping it on my bra. Normally I put it on my pant/skirt waistband, but when I wear a dress to work or a a thinner material skirt/pants, it's great to have the option of clipping to my bra.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I was using Runtastic, but I found it to be quite inaccurate when it comes to pace. For example, if I run on the treadmill, it will say that I walked and it will be a lesser speed than I know I ran. Also, my walking speed is 3.5 mph. I know this because I've had it measured before, and I walk this same speed for any workout. Well, Runtastic would have me walking 2.3 or something like that. I know it's wrong.

I just found "Footsteps" for my Iphone, and it has run and walk modes, and it's proven to be quite accurate when in all respects, especially when in comes to pace. I used Footsteps for my treadmill run yesterday and it was accurate. Sure enough, I've used Footsteps twice for walks and it's been accurate both times.

You can try it for free (it does up to 5,000 steps or something like that). I put out the $1.99 for it and I'm glad I did.
This discussion has been closed.