Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Mixed Drinks

dechowjdechowj Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
in Recipes
What is your favorite low calorie mixed drink? I would really love to have a nice alcoholic drink every once in a while without it having more calories than my entire meal.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,564 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,564 Member
    Flavoured vodka (Raspberry Absolut or Stoli are faves of mine) with soda and a wedge of fresh lime
    Spiced Rum/Bourbon & diet coke with a splash of root beer cordial (root beer not readily available were I live).
    Rum with diet ginger beer

Basically switch out sugary mixers for diet versions or soda water. Sugar free cordials can also add a little flavour to white spirits too if you're not too fond on plain soda water.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 24,806 Member Member, Premium Posts: 24,806 Member
    Diet soda mixed with whatever spirit you prefer is always pretty reasonable. If you like fruity stuff, Mio and water added to vodka, rum, or tequila can be good. Ocean Spray diet cranberry juice is just 5 calories a serving if you like a vodka cranberry. In the summer, I'll have gin or vodka with diet tonic.

Basically anything where you can limit the sugar. Most high calorie cocktails are that way due to the mixers, not the alcohol itself (which is going to be about 60-90 calories an ounce usually).

If you don't like diet soda or juicy stuff and want to enjoy the taste of the alcohol more, maybe try a martini (like a basic gin martini, not one of the newer sugary concoctions) or a Manhattan. Both are basically liquor and vermouth (the first dry, the second sweet) and they're also going to be reasonable from a calorie POV.

• tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,564 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,564 Member
    Suppose I forgot to mention light beers/ciders too, you can also get a lot of low sugar flavoured cider, hard sodas and stuff too compared to what was available a few years ago.
  • NorCal_Kindred_SpiritNorCal_Kindred_Spirit Member, Premium Posts: 10 Member Member, Premium Posts: 10 Member
  • Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 298 Member Member Posts: 298 Member
    Echoing what the others have said, you can add a shot of whatever liquor you like to a flavored carbonated water (like Bubly) or diet soda.

As a side note, I would NOT recommend the Jordan's skinny syrup drink mixes. My husband got me a set of 6 for Christmas, and they are NOT good. They contain sucralose and they are just way too sickly/fake-sweet for me. I feel like these type of diet/"healthy" versions of foods (like protein powders) aimed towards women feel they need to make them super sweet-tasting for us to like them.