60 yrs and up

Options
I just joined fitness pal. Will be 67 in a few wks. I have diabetes. I am a survivor for 14 1/2 yrs of breast cancer. I would like to be in this group and knowing people.

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    A matter of months for me.
  • MamawSM
    MamawSM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Been 2 days for me. So far so good.
  • MamawSM
    Options
    I'm still doing my fitness pal. Restarted back in feb. Yesterday was a day I wanted to fall back into bad habits and eat to ease the stress. I succeeded and didn't over eat. My sugar reading are great and my mood has been better. Hope all of you have a wonderful day.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    MamawSM wrote: »
    I'm still doing my fitness pal. Restarted back in feb. Yesterday was a day I wanted to fall back into bad habits and eat to ease the stress. I succeeded and didn't over eat. My sugar reading are great and my mood has been better. Hope all of you have a wonderful day.
    Good for you! Sometimes, we need some distractions to get past a moment. Glad you are being successful and feeling good!
  • myfurturelooksgood
    myfurturelooksgood Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 71 in a couple weeks and was just diagnosed as diabetic. My doctor said she will not put me on metformin at the moment and will recheck my glucose/A1C level in 3 months. Meanwhile I am testing every morning and so far I am doing well in lowering my numbers. But its only been 11 days so we will see. Eating a high carb diet per her instructions, so weight loss is not fast. Down 4.4#s as of today.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I am going to be 71 in a couple weeks and was just diagnosed as diabetic. My doctor said she will not put me on metformin at the moment and will recheck my glucose/A1C level in 3 months. Meanwhile I am testing every morning and so far I am doing well in lowering my numbers. But its only been 11 days so we will see. Eating a high carb diet per her instructions, so weight loss is not fast. Down 4.4#s as of today.

It is wonderful that you are doing well in lowering your numbers:-). Did you mean to say 'low carb'? I am interested because "high carbs" equal high sugar intake unless the carbs are primarily ones with very low glycemic load- like green leafy veg. As this is something I am working on, too, I am interested.

-And I think 4.4# in 11 days is a wonderful achievement! Congrats!
  • jojannimason
    jojannimason Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 70 and trying to turn things around health wise as I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Need to drop over a 100lbs :'( The hardest thing for me is giving up bread and pasta but I am going to try. Good luck to us all.
  • MamawSM
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great day today. My dr this week reduced my insulin and thyroid medicine due to losing weight.