Poop is heavy

Options
Okay, that's gross. But it's true. This morning my first weigh-in registered at 175.3. Then I went to the bathroom and for giggles I weighed again. This time my weight registered at 175.0. Now, I know I didn't lose .3 pounds of fat in that 3 minutes. Instead, my body ridded itself of waste, and so the scale registered the weight change. All this to say that the scale is a funny thing, and I'm once again reminded to follow the trend line rather than the daily bumps because sometimes the difference between a registered weight loss or not is just poop.

Replies

• ChanceCreed
    ChanceCreed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently pointed out to me that your weight WILL go up after you eat because food has weight. This was after me getting a bit angry about the yo yo weight thing. :)
  • CurseofDolkite
    CurseofDolkite Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how long it takes for food to go from your mouth to fat on your body. Sometimes I'll weigh heavy after a couple of good days and I'll tell myself that my body was processing the food (and alcohol) from when I was being bad, and this is the result.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    For a long while, I was obsessed with weighing butt nekked after my first morning pee, then weighing again after my morning constitutional--about 45 minutes to an hour later. I learned that my average is somewhere between .5 and 1 lb (i eat a lot of fiber :smiley:.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how long it takes for food to go from your mouth to fat on your body. Sometimes I'll weigh heavy after a couple of good days and I'll tell myself that my body was processing the food (and alcohol) from when I was being bad, and this is the result.

Hey, so, here's the thing. You need food to live. I know an internet stranger telling you to alter your thought processes probably won't make you snap out of it, but thinking about eating food as "being bad" in some way is maladaptive as heck and you should try to reframe your approach. (Alcohol is less strictly necessary for living, but self-flagellating by assigning a moral value to that beer you enjoyed over the weekend doesn't actually help anyone either.)