Introducing Myself! Need some MFPeeps

Options
So, my other food tracking app randomly crapped out on me a few days ago. So I came back to MFP. May as well use it for all its worth!...I think that's a tag line for a company somewhere.

Anyway, I've already lost 13lbs since December 15, 2020. I'll save my sob story, no one needs that. Regardless of how I got to where I felt like I needed to make a change, I needed to make a change. So here I am MFP.

I plan to weigh daily and update daily. I know, I know, weighing daily is 'bad', but ... come stop me. Back in 2015-2016, I had a few amazing friends I made here and sadly, I lost touch with them. I lost 30lbs, was in the best shape of my life during that time period. So I think friends, accountability and someone to be able to bounce thoughts off of from time to time are important for success.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    So, my other food tracking app randomly crapped out on me a few days ago. So I came back to MFP. May as well use it for all its worth!...I think that's a tag line for a company somewhere.

Anyway, I've already lost 13lbs since December 15, 2020. I'll save my sob story, no one needs that. Regardless of how I got to where I felt like I needed to make a change, I needed to make a change. So here I am MFP.

I plan to weigh daily and update daily. I know, I know, weighing daily is 'bad', but ... come stop me. Back in 2015-2016, I had a few amazing friends I made here and sadly, I lost touch with them. I lost 30lbs, was in the best shape of my life during that time period. So I think friends, accountability and someone to be able to bounce thoughts off of from time to time are important for success.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with weighing daily as long as you're neither obsessive or emotional about it. If you're trying to analyse data, more of it is easier to analyse than less of it. Many people here weigh daily, often in conjunction with a weight trend app like Happy Scale (iOS) or Libra (Android).

Congratulations on your loss so far and good luck with your goals!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I don’t think it’s bad I’ve weighed daily for 5 years, as long as you take fluctuations into account and don’t let it ruin your day it is fine!! Great job on the loss so 👏🏻👏🏻
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I weigh daily, also! We can fight the naysayers together, so feel free to add me. 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,687 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher here. 👋🏻

Sometimes even more often.

I actually enjoy watching the ups and down, and filing away data points.

For example, when I drop too low (yesterday) it’s time for a party. I expected the three pound overnight weight gain, as much as I now expect most of it to be gone in a couple days. Those darn tortilla chips......

It’s endlessly interesting.