Diet ideas

Options
I need diet ideas!!! I’m gaining and I can’t afford to!!! I’m 5’5!!!! Tell me what you do! Please help I just don’t know anymore

Replies

• IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet? What do you like to eat? How many calories are you looking to stay under?
  • lynn1
    lynn1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have thyroid problems and am 61. I basically will eat anything so I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad!
  • IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried basic Calories In, Calories Out? Keto diet?

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    lynn1 wrote: »
    Thanks! I have thyroid problems and am 61. I basically will eat anything so I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad!

Eat "regular" food, but measure and log it. This will be an eye opening experience. You will learn so much about the "good and bad." This will help you learn good habits for the future.

You will figure out what is filling to you, instead of someone else's list. You will find some foods just aren't worth the calories, and others are a bargain.

There are literally hundreds of diets, but losing weight always comes down to taking in fewer calories than maintenance. A-Atkins, B-Biggest Loser diet, C-Cambridge diet, D- Dash diet, E-80/20, F- Flexitarian, etc.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    lynn1 wrote: »

Liking lots of foods is a good thing, IMO. You have more items you can happily mix and match to hit a sensible calorie goal and good overall nutrition, while eating things you personally find filling, tasty, and practical. That makes it easier, I think, than for someone who is a picky eater, or doesn't like veggies, or whatever. You have lots of possible choices in the region of happiness.

Losing weight is not going to be super easy every single second, probably, but for me it was so much simpler (less complex) than I'd ever imagined. I wish I'd done it years ago! Liking lots of foods was a help, for me.

Best wishes for success!

P.S. If your thyroid problem is that you, like me, are hypo, this is a good read:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767046/hypothyroidism-and-weight-management