Here We Go... needing support

Hi,
I am officially starting my journey after continuing to gain weight for the last few months. Honestly, I’m a little scared and overwhelmed. I’m worried about counting calories and going over or feeling like I’m starving. Do you have any suggestions/ tips for new people? I’d love any support! ♥️

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Track your calories for a week and after the week is up, go over your diary and see if can make any small changes to your diet.
  • terrik1974
    terrik1974 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been using my fitness pal consistently for one year next month. It had been an amazing tool for me to track calories along with activity....and as a result I’ve lost 20lbs and have maintained that loss without much difficulty. Track your calories....invest in a fitness tracker if you don’t already have one...and most of all be consistent!
    You’ve got this!!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Lots of new users are very enthusiastic and select the 2lb/week rate of loss. That’s brutal, unless you have extreme weight to lose.

My first suggestion would be choose a much lower rate of loss, so you’ll be neither starving or feeling the need to go over.

This shouldn’t be punishment. It’s just rethinking and adjusting habits, as @L1zardQueen says.