Dumbbell Workout Routines -- Youtube?

Options
Hi All,

I am searching for some dumbbell workout routine videos to go through. There is a couple on the premium side of things with MFP but I am looking for more. Anyone have any they like the follow on Youtube?

My goal is weight loss but also needing to buildup muscle in my back, legs and arms. I've had a previous back surgery in 2013 and it has unfortunately contributed to knee issues. I am trying to find something I can follow on my TV and track in MFP.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Have a read through the ‘what YouTube workout did you do today’ thread. Just a few pages will give you guidance. You will get ideas of who offers what type of exercise.

I like Hasfit, Sidney Cummings, Funfitt, yoga with Adrianne, and a few others that I can’t remember off the top of my head.

(I’ve never been a video at home person so I’m transitioning into it by linking a few short (10-15 min) routines together to keep me interested.)

I use a programme from the ‘which lifting program is best for you’ thread for weight training. This thread is not follow along videos though.

Cheers, h.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love fitnessblender.com due to their selection (difficulty, length, exercise variety etc) as well as no cheesy music or nonsense so I can stick my own tunes on in the background. I also find their site easy to use or just search on ytube either way. I don't generally work out with videos very often any more but still hit them up every once in a while when I want a change or to throw in some cardio/weight circuits.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I second HASFit and (though it doesn't use dumbbells it'll still hit your desired areas) Yoga with Adriene. I'll also raise you Yoga with Tim - his latest 30 day challenge combines resistance bands with yoga moves. I'm sure you could use dumbbells instead of bands.
    Loads of peeps also recomend Sydney Cummings and Fitness Blender but I've not yet got round to trying them - like @middlehaitch I'm new to the online/at home video community.
    Oh - except I remember buying (and think I still own!) a Davina McCall DVD which was an excellent weights at home program - it's so old now, I'm sure someone will have ripped it onto YouTube...
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I’m loving Mr. and Mrs. Muscle right now. They do 4 sets instead of 3 and the workouts really give you a good burn.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Sydney Cummings- new workout every day and each month is a new program
    Caroline Girvan - weekly calendars with workouts to follow
    CDornerfitness- also posts a weekly schedule of *live* classes that you can choose from. Monday is usually full body strength. You can go back and look through her channel for other workouts besides the live.
  • swiftgirlm
    swiftgirlm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    NTC app has free workouts, including videos and programmes with Nike trainers.