100 pounds or more to lose

Options
amanda7040
amanda7040 Posts: 2 Member
I am looking for others who also need to lose 100 or more pounds to be friends, share advice, food ideas and help each other to acheive our goals.

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda - I saw your post and just wanted to offer you some encouragement. I was in your shoes just a little over 2 years ago. You can do this I have lost 99 of my 100 pounds , my advise is to weigh and measure EVERYTHING get a good digital scale. Diary every day no days off. Don't let the scale determine your success only. What I mean is measure as well as weigh. There were many times I didn't lose pounds but I lost several inches which was to me as good as losing pounds. Many people only are happy if they lose pounds but inches are important too. And equally as important get friends to go with you on this journey and it doesn't matter if they have to lose 20 pounds or 100 pounds they just need to be supportive of you and your goals. And get rid of anyone in your life who is not supporting your effort to lose weight because they will sabotage you because misery loves company. Probably more than you wanted to know. Here are my before and after pics. mv6i7e117edi.jpg before
    dfxt46bltzpi.jpgafter

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    Hi Amanda - I saw your post and just wanted to offer you some encouragement. I was in your shoes just a little over 2 years ago. You can do this I have lost 99 of my 100 pounds , my advise is to weigh and measure EVERYTHING get a good digital scale. Diary every day no days off. Don't let the scale determine your success only. What I mean is measure as well as weigh. There were many times I didn't lose pounds but I lost several inches which was to me as good as losing pounds. Many people only are happy if they lose pounds but inches are important too. And equally as important get friends to go with you on this journey and it doesn't matter if they have to lose 20 pounds or 100 pounds they just need to be supportive of you and your goals. And get rid of anyone in your life who is not supporting your effort to lose weight because they will sabotage you because misery loves company. Probably more than you wanted to know. Here are my before and after pics. mv6i7e117edi.jpg before
    dfxt46bltzpi.jpgafter

awesome stuff here

you rock.

I don't have weight to lose, but (imho) instead of losing 100 pounds, lose 10 pounds..... 10 times.

(I'm not very good at math, but I think that's still 100)
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    dfxt46bltzpi.jpgafter

awesome stuff here

you rock.

I don't have weight to lose, but (imho) instead of losing 100 pounds, lose 10 pounds..... 10 times.

(I'm not very good at math, but I think that's still 100)

motorsheen - very clever, yes it's the same thing. Your math is spot on. B)

• BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amanda7040, I am on a journey of losing 155 pounds! I am down 43 pounds overall, since September. You can read my story on my profile. I still have 112 pounds to go, but, by golly, I’m doing it one day at a time! I will send you a friend request. 😊
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Amanda7040, I am on a journey of losing 155 pounds! I am down 43 pounds overall, since September. You can read my story on my profile. I still have 112 pounds to go, but, by golly, I’m doing it one day at a time! I will send you a friend request. 😊

Good Luck glad to see you and Amanda partnering up for the journey. I wishboth of you much success. And I love your attitude about doing it one day at a time. Success is yours my friend. :p