I've stalled. Not sure how to get going again.

Options
I'm trying to lose 100 pounds. I lost 15 and have been stuck since Thanksgiving. I wasn't too serious over the holidays so figured I'd get going again in January. Since January, I've been good about keeping under my calorie goal but have crept up a few pounds. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself. Are you truly counting calories correctly? Do you measure with a food scale? Are you being consistent with your calorie deficit? Start there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Exactly that👆It will be difficult at times, you will have bad days. That’s ok. The important thing is to move forward. If you indulge too much one day, just get back after it the next. Remember also that it is a lifestyle change and not a diet.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    At the same time - don't underfeed. First - track everything as @ninerbuff says... then look at what that equates to against your "under calorie allowance" - if it's under 1200, and you've not got your lifestyle set up correctly on MFP it may be that you're under fueling. It's counter intuitive, but eating at the right calorie deficit actually helps the weight come off...