Newb Looking for Support

Options
38 male here from Texas trying to get my health back in order. Feel like this could be the time I get it right, but could use all the support I can get.

Replies

• MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I would say log everything you eat, drink, exercises too so you can realise what you put in your body if you arent doing it already. Water is essential also! Just dont get discouraged if your weight fluctuate from time to time, its totally normal! YOU CAN DO IT <3
  • wowisforstuds1238
    wowisforstuds1238 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Means a lot to hear that someone out there is listening lol j/k, but seriously thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    We can add each other if you want, sometimes seing the progress from friends, even online, can be very motivating :smiley:
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Sure! Sounds great!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wow. Welcome to MFP.

Have you familiarized yourself with the site, entered your weight and goal data, and come up with a calorie goal?

I used to be required to attend sales meetings all the time, and they always talked about having a goal. I never “got it” til I started MFP. It really does work.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • wowisforstuds1238
    Options
    Yes. I think I am good to go for now. Obviously I am just skimming the surface on what it takes to have a proper calorie deficit while still striving to hit my daily macronutrional windows, but baby steps am I right?