Stuck In the House - Need Good Online Cardo Workout Suggestions

Options
I don't want to waste time searching and I know there are a lot of you that do online workouts. Texas has been in a deep freeze for the last week. I tried to go out and walk made it for about 10 minutes - in the snow. Just needed some exercise and to get out of the house which was cold anyway because the power was periodically going off anyway. So what do you do for cardio that's good and please attach the link or where I can find the app if it's an app. Thanks in advance. 👍✔

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If your thinking I am lazy that's not the case. I want some cardio places that people have had good results and experiences from. There are a ton out there just looking for recommendations. so I don't waste my time. I am 1/2 pound away from my goal. Just need some help.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Not an online cardio workout. I used to do an hour on the elliptical at the gym daily. During lockdown I bought a mini stepper for home which slides under a chair (measures maybe 30 cm square and 20cm high). Only problem is you can only do it for 30 minutes before danger of overheating. I watch TV on the iPad while I am using it.
  • Sportertje354
    Sportertje354 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hmm try Skimble app maybe. It has workouts and such. I love workouts by Pamela Reiff. You can find her on YouTube
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    If you like Zumba or cardio dance, there are plenty of free videos on YouTube. I have found instructors that I like (Spanish-speaking, even though my understanding of Spanish is like a 2-year old), and just string some of the songs together. It's nice because I can do as many as I have time or am in the mood for. There are also Tae Bo videos on YouTube for free as well.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I'm also a resident of Texas, a runner, and I am terrified of cracking my skull open on the iced sidewalk so I've been working out inside too. I found some really great workouts on Amazon. There are so many but the ones I did the past two days were called Total Body Dumbbell Workouts , strength training plus bursts of cardio mixed in plus you get to do it overlooking the beach 😉! I'm going to do the third one tonight. I found Zumba, walking, light, HIIT, dance party aerobics, yoga...all kinds of stuff there. YouTube is also great for cardio workouts!

Secondly, after finishing my round one workout I started running in place and doing jumping jacks, which is nice because I can watch whatever shows I want to and still get a great cardio workout in.

I am proud of you!!! I definitely don't think you are lazy!!! You are not making excuses!!! You're looking for a way to get it done!!! In all seriousness, you could put some music on and groove and shake it any way you want to! My best in home cardio workouts are the ones I make up myself! Best of luck to you! Stay warm! Stay sane! Be hopeful... Us Texans don't know how to handle this snow (I'm a transplant and was raised in the snow but it has been very, very long time since I've seen anything like this, not since I've lived up north). My Texan children are loving this "vacation" from school and I'm going crazy!😳
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Hmm try Skimble app maybe. It has workouts and such. I love workouts by Pamela Reiff. You can find her on YouTube

Thank you so much - appreciate it.👍
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    If you like Zumba or cardio dance, there are plenty of free videos on YouTube. I have found instructors that I like (Spanish-speaking, even though my understanding of Spanish is like a 2-year old), and just string some of the songs together. It's nice because I can do as many as I have time or am in the mood for. There are also Tae Bo videos on YouTube for free as well.

Got it - will check it out in a minute. Thanks so much. stay warm and safe. I have heard of Zumba but this will give me the opportunity to try it.😃
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Team Body Project -- they offer several low-impact workout sessions for free on YouTube.
    I hope you find some movement that you genuinely enjoy. :)
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I'm also a resident of Texas, a runner, and I am terrified of cracking my skull open on the iced sidewalk so I've been working out inside too. I found some really great workouts on Amazon. There are so many but the ones I did the past two days were called Total Body Dumbbell Workouts , strength training plus bursts of cardio mixed in plus you get to do it overlooking the beach 😉! I'm going to do the third one tonight. I found Zumba, walking, light, HIIT, dance party aerobics, yoga...all kinds of stuff there. YouTube is also great for cardio workouts!

Secondly, after finishing my round one workout I started running in place and doing jumping jacks, which is nice because I can watch whatever shows I want to and still get a great cardio workout in.

I am proud of you!!! I definitely don't think you are lazy!!! You are not making excuses!!! You're looking for a way to get it done!!! In all seriousness, you could put some music on and groove and shake it any way you want to! My best in home cardio workouts are the ones I make up myself! Best of luck to you! Stay warm! Stay sane! Be hopeful... Us Texans don't know how to handle this snow (I'm a transplant and was raised in the snow but it has been very, very long time since I've seen anything like this, not since I've lived up north). My Texan children are loving this "vacation" from school and I'm going crazy!😳

Thank you so much. We transplants have to stick together. I am from NYC but I have lived in Texas since 1979 and never seen so much snow or ice. I remember the ice storm the year of the Super bowl but even then there were no sub zero temps for days and rolling blackouts.

I grew up in snow but this ice stuff and bursting pipes is foreign to me. My Texan Kids are loving it too. My son is stuck in computer land and my daughter is vegging on the TV.

I didn't know Amazon had videos - I know they have movies. I will definitely check it out for what they charge me for prime I will get my money worth from the workout stuff. I love to dance but didn't even think about Zumba.

Thanks for your kindness and support. Think I am set.

Talk about cracking your head on the ice, my son who is 6'2" went out the front door yesterday to get a snowball to terrorize his sister. And slipped and fell on his butt, jumped up looked around I guess embarrassed but then he looked relieved that no one saw him. Got his snowball and came back in . Well my ring door bell captured the whole thing so his sister and I had the last laugh. Of course we also got smashed with cold snow.

Well again thanks so much.👍👍👍

• mpkpbk2015
    Options
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    I LOVE Team Body Project -- they offer several low-impact workout sessions for free on YouTube.

Thank you - never even thought of youtube as a resource.❤❤

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Browse a couple of random pages on this thread, below. You will get a lot of YouTube ideas.

I have subscribed to quite a few of the trainers on the tread during lockdown even though I don’t do well working out at home.

I found I do best mixing and matching short routines, sorting them into a play list, then casting them to the TV.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10796095/what-youtube-workout-did-you-do-today/p1

Cheers, h.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Browse a couple of random pages on this thread, below. You will get a lot of YouTube ideas.

I have subscribed to quite a few of the trainers on the tread during lockdown even though I don’t do well working out at home.

I found I do best mixing and matching short routines, sorting them into a play list, then casting them to the TV.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10796095/what-youtube-workout-did-you-do-today/p1

Cheers, h.

Thank you for the link - I will check it out this morning . At this point its so cold in Texas working out to just keep warm. ☕☕Need coffee Have a great day.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options

I too love Team Body Project. They have a website you can sign up to and they have lots of free workouts there. There's lots of variety so you should be able to find something
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options

I too love Team Body Project. They have a website you can sign up to and they have lots of free workouts there. There's lots of variety so you should be able to find something

I checked it out yesterday it was awesome. Thanks so much. It also helped warm me up it's freezing in the house so moving around while working out took my mind off how cold it was in the house. Have a great day off to work out again burn some calories and get warm.💪💪💪

• LoveyChar
    Options
    I ran a 5k with Paula B.! In my kitchen and barefoot! After it ended, I put some music on and jogged for 20 minutes around the island! I enjoyed this, really truly enjoyed this!!! If you like walking, she has some walking ones as well but there are many with many instructors to choose from... I had no idea I'd enjoy it this much... Until I can get outdoors, I'll use this (even though I could just do it without instruction or motivation but for some reason even though I like to run outdoors by myself, I like running in place and knowing someone else is doing it too).

u5t1gwctx6vr.jpg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    Options
    If you an Apple Watch user there’s apple fitness +. I think you can use it without the watch too, but watch syncs with MFP.

When lockdown first happened, I was doing laps up and down the stairs. Sixty laps of two flights was a heckuva workout. And great cat entertainment, too.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    I ran a 5k with Paula B.! In my kitchen and barefoot! After it ended, I put some music on and jogged for 20 minutes around the island! I enjoyed this, really truly enjoyed this!!! If you like walking, she has some walking ones as well but there are many with many instructors to choose from... I had no idea I'd enjoy it this much... Until I can get outdoors, I'll use this (even though I could just do it without instruction or motivation but for some reason even though I like to run outdoors by myself, I like running in place and knowing someone else is doing it too).

u5t1gwctx6vr.jpg

Thanks I am more of a walker - but I must say it looks like fun. And since the snow isn't going anywhere anytime soon I need to do something indoors. Tried walking outside way to cold I lasted less than ten minutes barely made it to the end o f my block and back and it wasn't my any means fun.lqvuan38elbg.jpg

• mpkpbk2015
    Options
    If you an Apple Watch user there’s apple fitness +. I think you can use it without the watch too, but watch syncs with MFP.

When lockdown first happened, I was doing laps up and down the stairs. Sixty laps of two flights was a heckuva workout. And great cat entertainment, too.

Thanks but I don't have an apple watch - I have a 2 cats that love to bat at me when I work out it's hilarious. Is the site Applefitness.com ?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like, but here's a list of my favorite instructors on YouTube:
    Christine
    https://youtube.com/c/CDornerFitness
    Karla
    https://youtube.com/c/FitOutsideTheBox
    Jenny
    https://youtube.com/c/JennyFordFitness
    Keoni
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC3lEhUBNqIrFMatB9Zgxo0g
    Sydney
    https://youtube.com/c/SydneyCummings
    Yvette
    https://youtube.com/user/YvettesTotalFitness
    I do their workouts almost every day! Today I did 2 from CDorner and 1 from Sydney. Sydney posts a new workout every day within a monthly program. Christine posts a schedule of live classes weekly. Today was dance party. So.much.fun.
  • LoveyChar
    Options

u5t1gwctx6vr.jpg

It's Pahla B. in case anyone is looking up her workouts. Just clarifying since I spelled it wrong.