How to enter meals when you work 2nd or 3rd?

I'm trying to figure this out, at the end of my day I will have my last meal before bed around 3AM usually, so that's my dinner, but it shows up as the calories for the next day. So I just call my dinner Breakfast and my first meal after waking lunch?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    It's really up to you.

Some people will use one day to represent their waking day -- so dinner would be at the end of the day even though technically it's after midnight. You would just start adding food to the next day when you wake up.

Other people will use the midnight time as a cut-off and maybe give their meals custom names. In those instances, your technical last meal of the day may be the first.

I have worked 2nd and 3rd shifts a few times over the years and I typically use the first method, but that's just my personal preference. I think the important thing is to just pick a method and be consistent with it. They're both just two different ways to record the same information.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    You can make changes to diary "pages" that are in the past or future relative to where you are in time. You don't have to close your diary at midnight or whatever and start logging under the next day.

If it pleases your brain to have the food you ate logged according to the calendar date upon which you ate it, you can change the names of your meals (Settings > Diary Settings) and make the first meal of the day Dinner. You can call your meals whatever you want to, actually, and you can have up to six of them.
  • useyourthorns
    useyourthorns Posts: 30 Member
    Perfect both really helped. I didn't realize about changing the day, and edited the names to keep myself on track for consistency.

Big thanks to both of you!