Sickness stopped me last year - I made a comeback

Options
I was rocking this app hard February 2020 (I lost that account ugh). The powers that be saw it best to strike me down sick and counting calories was the last thing on my mind. I fought hard for three months to just be able to breathe normal again. Then it took another couple months to not get winded easy. Then after all that in about July 2020 I was at my largest 194 lbs or so. I tried again and got frustrated and comforted myself again with food thinking how foolish I was to think I could do it again. I was so focused in February into March and now here I am trying again even bigger!

Now... My Brothers death in December of 2020. I got a real dose of how short life is and woke up. His whole life flashed before my eyes, and I said to myself “that’s it?”. While mourning the loss I go to my Doctor and she does an EKG is abnormal and to see a cardiologist. She sent me to the ER to make sure I wasn’t on the verge of a heart attack.

I changed. That day forward I counted my calories and stopped lots of red meat. I have had a few cheat TV dinners with beef in them. I don’t make it a daily thing however. My diet is mostly low carb and tons of veggies and hot sauce. I snack on a small amount of nuts and berries that I weigh on my food scale. I do not guess calories. I calculate it all. So far I’ve lost 21 lbs and I’m on week 10. Sickness set me back, failure side tracked me, yet here I am.