Hangry

Options
I'm not sure if this is a spillover from the Graves Disease hyper days or not, but being in a calorie deficit is making me insanely hangry. About to take an epsom salt bath and try and chill out after lunch, but I felt on the verge of making everything and one who got near me my next meal.

For those who get extremely hangry, what has helped?

Thank you.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    If you had lunch recently and are hangry, you may not be eating a combination of foods that fill you up. What exactly did you have and how many grams of protein was in it?

Or there may be too much time between lunch and dinner and you need an afternoon snack.

I work at not creating conditions that would make me hangry:
    1. I don't run an aggressive calorie deficit for the amount of weight I need to lose.
    2. I eat meals regularly. (I'm not saying it matters how many meals someone has per day, but whatever amount you have, eating them at the same time each day might help.)
    3. I focus on foods that I find satiating.
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is a spillover from the Graves Disease hyper days or not, but being in a calorie deficit is making me insanely hangry. About to take an epsom salt bath and try and chill out after lunch, but I felt on the verge of making everything and one who got near me my next meal.

For those who get extremely hangry, what has helped?

Thank you.

Social distancing. Seriously though, I think that there are two things that make a big difference for me. The first is just finding something that I really enjoy doing that totally takes my mind off of food. When I'm out hiking in the mountains I have to remind myself to eat or I'll go all day without a proper meal. The second thing is making sure that I'm adequately hydrated. A lot of times when I'm feeling hungry, I really just need water.