Off days remind us of why we eat right...

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options

Fried and whites?

I guess if you suddenly ate fried food you were not used to, it might make you feel sick.

Not sure what you mean by ' whites '
  • DonnasWay0805
    DonnasWay0805 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Fried and whites?

I guess if you suddenly ate fried food you were not used to, it might make you feel sick.

White rice..white potatoes...white bread, etc
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Even though I plan for my indulgences, I always feel heavy and lethargic and just not that great after. I probably would eat things like fast food, pizza, and take out pizza a lot more since if I didn't feel so crappy after eating them.
  • DonnasWay0805
    Options
    Even though I plan for my indulgences, I always feel heavy and lethargic and just not that great after. I probably would eat things like fast food, pizza, and take out pizza a lot more since if I didn't feel so crappy after eating them.

Mine were pure sugar... Mostly chocolate🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm curious. What did you eat that made you feel so bad and how much did you eat?
  • DonnasWay0805
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    OP, I'm curious. What did you eat that made you feel so bad and how much did you eat?

Cadbury mini eggs... Dove chocolate eggs... Chocolate Cake ...and ice cream 🤣🤣😳😳😩
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    If I go back to eating a ton of sugar I get the same 'I'm 6 years old and overate halloween' candy tummy ache. Pretty sure it's just.... part of the human nature unless you become super desensitized to it.

That said I can - and occasionally do - eat a whole butt pizza and feel just fine, so. Yes/no?
  • DonnasWay0805
    Options
    If I go back to eating a ton of sugar I get the same 'I'm 6 years old and overate halloween' candy tummy ache. Pretty sure it's just.... part of the human nature unless you become super desensitized to it.

That said I can - and occasionally do - eat a whole butt pizza and feel just fine, so. Yes/no?

I'm sure the pizza is probably some better than all the dang chocolate😂
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Fried and whites?

White rice..white potatoes...white bread, etc

You should look up the nutritional profile of a white potato...definitely not "junk" food...it's packed with nutrition and most definitely a staple in my diet. Nothing wrong with white rice either and I eat it pretty regularly, especially if we're doing Asian or Indian cuisine...I don't particularly like white bread though. Just for reference, all of the above are actually complex carbohydrates.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    White food is good, different nutritional profile is all. I see nothing wrong with white potatoes or rice. I love a good sour dough. I even make my own. What do you think about cauliflower, it is white. Not good? Is cabbage white? Not sure.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    If I eat a particularly heavy meal, I get a good case of the GERD From Hell to remind me.

It works.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    If I eat a particularly heavy meal, I get a good case of the GERD From Hell to remind me.

It works.

LOL--yes! I have to break out the Tums, and if it's really bad I have to sleep with my pillow propped up.

I used to have to do this more often when I overate more frequently, and it definitely is a good reminded why I don't do that so much anymore.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Cadbury mini eggs... Dove chocolate eggs... Chocolate Cake ...and ice cream 🤣🤣😳😳😩

well over eating those things would probably make most people feel sick afterward, especially if you not used to them.

Over eating.

Eating a sensible portion amount is fine for me and most people - unless you have lactose intolerance or some such

Cant see why eating potatoes, or white rice or bread would make anyone feel any worse than eating other starchy veg or brown rice or bread.
    No nutritional reason to avoid them either.