Do you use the - Weekly Digest under Reports to evaluate How your doing on MFP

Options
I found this great tool on MFP quite by accident this morning when I went to look at a graph on my weight loss for the last year. It's called the Weekly Digest and it had so really great information that I will in the future to evaluate how I am doing. Here is the link that take you directly to it https://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/weekly-digest

Do you use it? And if so how.

It also has historical data on calories you've logged and how many calories you burn doing cardio. And the percentage of calories coming from the frequent foods your eating in a week.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,477 Member
    Options
    I often worry I’m not reaching macros on my daily diary. When I use the weekly view, though, it’s a relief to find that overall, they’re pretty decent.

I also thought for months and months I was staying close to my calorie goal, with only the occasional burp.

I was shocked when I did long term views to discover that I was averaging far, far higher than my goal. And still losing weight.

That was when I relaxed and gave myself the gift of more daily calories.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I often worry I’m not reaching macros on my daily diary. When I use the weekly view, though, it’s a relief to find that overall, they’re pretty decent.

I also thought for months and months I was staying close to my calorie goal, with only the occasional burp.

I was shocked when I did long term views to discover that I was averaging far, far higher than my goal. And still losing weight.

That was when I relaxed and gave myself the gift of more daily calories.

Thanks it's a real cool report glad I found it, I will start using it weekly to keep myself in check. Glad someone is using it too. Wish someone would have told me about it earlier. Have a great day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    MFP has started emailing that to me recently and I've been glancing at it. Did not realize I could see it anytime - thanks!
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    MFP has started emailing that to me recently and I've been glancing at it. Did not realize I could see it anytime - thanks!

Your welcome, FYI unless your a premium member you can only see current week and prior week. But I am going to just look weekly that will be good enough for me. Great they are sending it to you. I have never received anything from them. Have a good weekend.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,477 Member
    Options
    For a quick check you can also go to your daily diary, drill down to nutrition, and change it from daily to weekly.

I do that a lot.

Just don’t forget to change it back!
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    For a quick check you can also go to your daily diary, drill down to nutrition, and change it from daily to weekly.

I do that a lot.

I can't find a heading called nutrition to change it daily to weekly. Are you a premium member. The only options I have in settings is to change nutrients tracked. Can you post a screen shot of where you talking about. Thanks

• mpkpbk2015
    Options

I do that a lot.

I found it on the app - I was looking online - there are many things on the app that aren't online. Thanks forget my other reply. Sorry.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've had my calories set to maintenance and gone for 'something between 1200 and maintenance'. I feel like I'm USUALLY at the higher end of that, but looking at my weekly allowance at maintenance, I'm consistently still coming in within 50 calories of my 'lose half a pound a week' numbers. So, guess not and I am, in fact, balancing out pretty close.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    Interesting. I've had my calories set to maintenance and gone for 'something between 1200 and maintenance'. I feel like I'm USUALLY at the higher end of that, but looking at my weekly allowance at maintenance, I'm consistently still coming in within 50 calories of my 'lose half a pound a week' numbers. So, guess not and I am, in fact, balancing out pretty close.

I agree I wish someone would have told me about this a long time ago, it's a great tool to check where you are. Have a great rest of the weekend and spread the word about this neat tool I am sure others can benefit from knowing about where they are.