Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sugar in fruit

ayamourada92ayamourada92 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
I would like to ask a question.. every time I try to add fruit to my daily diet, it shows me that it is full of sugar. I don't eat a lot of carbs, fats or even Protein. I don't finish my portion but while trying to eat any fruit it shows that "I have reached my sugar percent" so what if I eat more than the daily percent, will it be bad while losong weight.
Thanks

Replies

• ayamourada92ayamourada92 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Well, I eat protein, carbs, vegetables. I don't like nuts but I like eating fruit. It makes me feel that I am not hungry. That's why I try to eat it a lot. It is also easy to be carried outdoors while working or so on. Actually, I like watermelon, apples, banana, peach.. so whatever the kind is, it is full of sugar! :neutral:
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 24,817 Member Member, Premium Posts: 24,817 Member
    As long as the fruit isn't crowding out the other things you need to stay healthy and you don't have a medical reason to limit sugar, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 38,703 Member Member Posts: 38,703 Member
    Well, I eat protein, carbs, vegetables. I don't like nuts but I like eating fruit. It makes me feel that I am not hungry. That's why I try to eat it a lot. It is also easy to be carried outdoors while working or so on. Actually, I like watermelon, apples, banana, peach.. so whatever the kind is, it is full of sugar! :neutral:

Well yeah...that's why they call fruit "natures candy". That said, I assure you the obesity epidemic isn't a result of people eating an apple. Most recommendations for sugar are for added sugars, not naturally occurring sugars. 2-3 servings of fruit per day is recommended...the only issue would be that you're eating so much fruit that you're not meeting other nutritional requirements. It could also be an issue if you're diabetic or otherwise insulin resistant. I typically have 2 pieces of fruit per day.
  • Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 314 Member Member Posts: 314 Member
    For most people, it's the added sugar that we need to be more cognizant of. I usually eat one large apple a day, plus anywhere from 1-3 other servings of fruit. I'll admit, when I see "You've reached your sugar intake for the day" after I add a fruit I get a bit annoyed, but it doesn't alter my plan to eat fruit.
  • AshHeartsJesusAshHeartsJesus Member Posts: 375 Member Member Posts: 375 Member
    I switched tracking my sugars to fiber! If you don't eat an absurd amount of "included" sugar which is normal sugar, high fructose corn ect I wouldn't worry about it

LORD JESUS bless 💟
  • whoami67whoami67 Member Posts: 256 Member Member Posts: 256 Member
    I'd just ignore the sugar tracker. That said, I don't like fruit because my body doesn't react well to the type and amount of sugar in it. It causes me to be shaky and trembling, and it makes me hungrier. But for most people, I would think 1-3 servings of fruit per day would fit into a healthy diet.

As for your claim that you don't eat much carbs, fat or protein...huh? All foods are carbs, fat or protein...or alcohol. Those are the only options.