Carba-Nada Pasta.. Who knew it's so good

Options
Never tried this pasta before. I’ve had it for a while in my pantry... so I cooked some chicken breast in the crock pot on low last night .. this morning I added some chicken stock and seasonings added the noodles and carrots .. turned on high for about an hour and it came out great. Such a healthier option to regular pasta. I will definitely buy them again 😊mprtooezshle.jpeg
u8n7kfo71w7v.jpeg
fdol5lfe0ijo.jpeg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Pasta is usually made with semolina flour and eggs. It’s weird that it is called low carb.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Why exactly is it a healthier option? Is it because it has more protein? My regular whole-wheat pasta has only whole-grain durum flour, and for 2 oz is 180 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 7 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein. I guess if I needed more protein in my day I may buy it, but I usually don't and I'm guessing the cost difference wouldn't really be worth it to me.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Double post
  • FitAgainBy55
    FitAgainBy55 Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    To the others that seem to be discounting this ... it is lower carb and higher in protein than pasta. There is nothing wrong with this option as long as you find it just as filling and flavorful.

Coincidently I had to improvise for the next couple of days because I'm in Texas and there is literally no food in our stores. Last night the only meat was Italian sausage and literally the only produce was butternut squash. I'm not exaggerating ... the shelves were empty.

I decided that making Italian sausage with pasta and some sort of sauce was my best option. I bought pasta but once I finished adding everything to the dish (butternut squash, canned carrots, canned artichoke hearts, tomato sauce etc...) I decided that I didn't need the pasta.

My wife and I use a meal planning service called Green Chef. They use cauliflower rice instead of rice, sometimes spaghetti squash instead of pasta etc... but in general I've found that if I add enough vegetables to my dishes I don't need to use faux replacements.