I'm brand new and clueless :)

Options
So I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago at 249 lbs. Today I am at 236. I haven't been counting calories, just cut out soda and making healthier food choices. Walking 3-5 miles a day, plus 3 days of Zumba a week and 4 days of strength training. I keep hearing a lot of conflicting information about whether or not I am losing weight to fast (about 1 lb. a day). Some say its unhealthy, some say it is ok since I am obese to begin with. Any input? Thanks!

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I have NO idea. But I do have to say fabulous work! You sound very dedicated - good luck! xx
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i think it's very common for people to lose a lot of weight at first when they make a lifestyle change.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it for now. It will slow down eventually. And yeah it's not a big deal when you start obese. At some point you might stall though, and that's when it will be useful to count calories, so you're sure you're eating enough (I've found that eating really healthy is usually not enough food, and with all that exercise you need some fuel).
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for now and see what happens! I'm excited!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Depending on much you have to lose depends how quickly the initial weigh will come off, I had close to 80lbs to lose and the first 2 weeks about 7 came off, its normal. Once you body has starts to adjust to your new regime the weight will start to fall into the healthy weight loss per week.

P.S alot of the intial weight loss you will be experincing will be mainly water weight not fat, its impossible to loose 13lbs of fat in 2 weeks.