Reason to smile today

Options

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    We had a beautiful sunrise this morning. Got paid. Making a steak dinner. I am loved truly...
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,969 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old made me a banana and sour cream omelette. Don’t knock it till you try it.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    When the culinary students have pastry samples to share
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Companies that include a handful of candy with your shipped order
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,263 Member
    Options
    Playing coach today for some friends. 2 for 2 golds for one friend. The other ended up with a silver and a fourth place. Bit too shabby for someone who isn't officially a coach
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Cookies. Yum
    And a busy open house.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I took myself for a little walk with no watch or step counter, no podcast, audiobook, or music. I walked & touched trees and let my mind wander & wondered how long I’d have to walk like that before the inner monologue stfu. But it was so good & I’m feeling a little more centered now.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Volunteering at the school bake sale it was kinda fun. Never had a point of sale payment system for a bake sale... this school continues to amaze me
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    My adult son, now serving in the Army on the other side of the country, was previously told he wouldn't be able to come home for the holidays. About ten days ago the unit changed its mind to allow a small handful of people to go on leave, and my son secured one of these passes. Without telling a soul, he got on a plane, flew home, called a friend to pick him up from the airport, and rang our doorbell while his friend stood to the side with a video camera rolling. The scream of joy from my wife when she opened the door will stick with me for a long time.

❤️
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    edited December 2023
    Options
    My adult son, now serving in the Army on the other side of the country, was previously told he wouldn't be able to come home for the holidays. About ten days ago the unit changed its mind to allow a small handful of people to go on leave, and my son secured one of these passes. Without telling a soul, he got on a plane, flew home, called a friend to pick him up from the airport, and rang our doorbell while his friend stood to the side with a video camera rolling. The scream of joy from my wife when she opened the door will stick with me for a long time.

This sounds so lovely ☺️ Happy Holidays!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,391 Member
    Options
    Putting together a weight-lifting workout routine for my son to take back to his Army base with him, I started going through my old lifting logs. One page featured, very prominently, a new one-rep-max lift on bench press, underlined and circled because it was a big deal at the time.

Realized I just lifted that same weight repeatedly during today's workout like it was no big deal.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    A pretty amazing phone call this morning AND getting up to go to the gym this morning was easier than last week!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,162 Member
    Options
    Putting together a weight-lifting workout routine for my son to take back to his Army base with him, I started going through my old lifting logs. One page featured, very prominently, a new one-rep-max lift on bench press, underlined and circled because it was a big deal at the time.

Realized I just lifted that same weight repeatedly during today's workout like it was no big deal.

Consistency pays. 💪🏼😎
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Love this
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    A stranger in the gym complimented my strength and deadlift form. Now she goes on the Christmas cookie list.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    A stranger in the gym complimented my strength and deadlift form. Now she goes on the Christmas cookie list.

I like your form too! 🍪 🗒️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

I like your form too! 🍪 🗒️

😂 making a list and checking it twice