Tall girl losing weight

Options
Hello! I've been using the MFP mobile app since January (yes, it was a resolution, so what? ;P) and I just recently discovered the website. So far, I'm almost halfway to where I want to be and I thought a little kick of extra motivation in the form of a network of like-minded people is just what I need to get over this plateau I've been resting on for weeks.

About me: I'm 5'11, 23, and finishing up my last year of my undergrad that feels like it took FOREVER. It's a long story because I'm a very good student, but whatever. I gained a lot of weight when I moved while transferring schools because I started working from home while literally tethered to my computer. Small, confined area and a low-expectations job equals boredom overeating to the EXTREME which snowballed into not being able to fit into any of my pants, wearing a lot of spandex leggings, and hoping no one noticed that I'd worn the same elastic-waistband skirt three or four days in a row. I'm not ashamed to admit any of this now because I know I look different now but it was a very low point, compounded by one or two holiday seasons and poor commitment to the healthy vegetarian lifestyle versus the "it doesn't have meat so I can eat it. Mmm, ice cream" side of the spectrum. It took a while for me to realize I'd gained so much weight because I'm tall and apparently sometimes have trouble with denial. But it's okay because I'm now back to the higher end of where I was in High school and focused on dropping down to the goal weight I've had for most of my life. And maybe it's actually possible.

Basically, I'm looking for like-minded, motivated people who want to shed some pounds and have a friend who'll try to keep them accountable to their goals. Special bonus if you're also tall. Looking forward to meeting you and I hope this wasn't too much like a Personal ad. :-)

Replies

• asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've been doing pretty well using the app! Congrats on the weight lost so far! I'm 5'9, so also on the tall side, but I guess not quite as tall. I'm also going into my last year of undergrad. I'm in a 5 year program, so I can definitely relate to it feeling like it's taking forever! Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like! :)