Pics

Options
I couldn’t find another post that could help me with this. How do I post pics on my profile? Not the regular profile pics, in the newsfeed? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• ToukoWolf
    ToukoWolf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same question. Many people told me that there's a camera icon, but it doesn't appear on my phone. I have an iPhone. For what I know, you can only upload pics from the app. There is only one way I upload a picture: I have to load it as a "progress" picture: + (at the bottom of the page on the app on the newsfeed)--> Status -->Add progression image--> Add image.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    iPhone? I don’t know if it’s different. And I don’t know if there’s a better or easier way but I have to go to where I can enter my weight and upload a pic. And then I can do a status update I believe it’s called. Again....maybe I’m doing it a dumb way. I can post some screenshots if this is confusing. Let me know.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you have to do it on the phone app.

click on the '+' sign at the bottom

update status

add progress photo

click the one photo option (the square to left)

import photo from (whatever date you have available)

find the photo

next at top right of screen

scroll through the 'frames' and select the one you want

type your comment about the photo

click the check mark at top right

voila! you are done!

• slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit thank you for the details. I’ve been trying this for months on my iPhone & iPad but missing something.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    slade51 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit thank you for the details. I’ve been trying this for months on my iPhone & iPad but missing something.

where are you getting stuck?
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 90 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Are you giving permission on your iPhone for MPF to access your photos?
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t getting to my photo roll to choose the pic. It wasn’t going to my newsfeed, just to the tiny icon for progress. (Can others even see the progress photos?)
    I was clicking on the photo option on the right and not seeing the next choice.

I followed your instructions to the letter and it works perfectly for me now. So thanks again. I also thought it was permissions, that was the first thing that I checked.
  • kermitch
    kermitch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ooh, that's for the step by step details. Finally worked it out too.
  • IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Androids
    To add photos on your timeline, you have to be on the app.

On your timeline, click on 'Share Something' on your timeline; then click on 'Add Photo' at the bottom of the next screen that comes up.

FYI - on the app, your Progress photos are not visible to anyone else unless you share them.

Word to the wise... make sure before you click the check mark, you click on 'Share With' and select 'MyFitnessPal Friends' or the whole community will get to see your post...

Hope that helps.

PS - did you know that you can create your on blog on MFP? And... if you know HTML, you can post pics there too?