second time around

Options
I am starting over and looking forward to getting physically fit, I am feeling so unhappy about how I look and feel. Just had partial knee replacement and have another one to go. I have been so frustrated because it has been difficult for me to do the exercises that I once liked to do. I also struggle from lower back pain daily, but I know that losing weight and getting fit will help make a difference. Is I am ready. Day 1

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Day 1 of the rest of your life then @dnhenriquez 🤗

FWIW, my aunt had her knees replaced a few years back. Following her physiotherapy sessions (especially with the in-between session exercises) was key for her. Now she walks around her neighborhood for daily exercise.

I'm sure you'll find your new flow in due time too!
  • markwalker1973
    markwalker1973 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    G’day I had a hip replacement 8years ago at age 39, that’s when I gained 18 kgs and stayed like that for a couple of years. Then I started to get back working out , yo-yo a bit but finally get it under control. Good luck and stay positive.
  • dnhenriquez
    dnhenriquez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and for the encouraging words
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had my knee replacement 3 years ago. It was great until I tore the mcl three weeks later. Because of that I have minimal range and that leg is 1/2 inch shorter because I can’t straighten the knee. So, I understand how you feel. Please add me. I have 100 pounds to lose, and a health problem that prohibits exercise at this time.