Shedding 30 lbs by December 31, 2013.

Options
Hi Everyone! Today is August 24, 2013 and I would like to lose around 30 lbs by New Year's Eve. I am 5'6" and weigh around 190-200 lbs. I wear size 14 in misses (15 in Juniors). At my thinnest, I was 160 lbs and I was wearing size 11 in juniors and 10 in misses.

Here is my goal to lose the weight -
1) A half an hour to an hour power walk/run every day. (I power walked 4.3 miles in one hour today)
2) Lifting weights - alternating arms and legs. (I am using 5 lb dumbbells right now - I will increase the weight as time goes by)
3) Yoga/stretching before bed.
4) Drinking half my body weight in oz (100 oz a day)
5) Eating 1400 calories a day.
6) Fruit & vegetable smoothies in the morning.

Do you guys know of any other tips on how to lose this weight??? Please help! Thank you!!

Replies

• LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think first off is to remember you may not hit this goal in such a short amount of time. But it is possible. For a healthier weight loss (And one that is more likely to stay off) i would consider making it just 15 or 20 lbs, It's not a race, you don't have to do this as quickly as possible.
    I would also suggest you eat more than just 1400 calories. I'm only an inch taller than you (though I do weight a bit more) But I eat 1800, plus whatever I burn off in exercise. Go through and see what mfp suggest for a 1 lb a week weight loss. I find that the best suggestion.

Start drinking your water slowly. Build up to it so your body can adjust. Don't just start off with half your body weight right away. That can definitely make you sick if you're not careful.

Overall, just take your time, make healthier decisions, and don't fret about the scale too much. Especially if you're lifting. Water retention and body fluctuations are normal. The scale will probably not move linearly (one pound every week. One week it might be none, then next week it might be more than 1)

Take measurements! Especially with your lifting! You will lose inches fast!
    And do core work, too. idk what yoga you'll be doing, a lot of that does have a fair amount of core-work

And just don't get discouraged if you don't make your goal. It's okay. You'll still have lose some weight and you have plenty of time to lose more. You want this done healthily so you can keep it off for good!

good luck!
  • andir86
    andir86 Posts: 1
    Options
    i would add making water the first thing in you consume when you wake up and the last thing you consume before you go to sleep.

don't forget to set a rest day for yourself where you are still eating healthy, but not working out. it is important that your body is able to have time to recover.

i think you should go for it, but listen to your body and make changes accordingly.
  • stephaniesteelman
    stephaniesteelman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer that told me to drink a glass of water every morning right after getting up. She told me it really helped, and drinking water is making it easier for me.

I'm doing a lot of walking and trying to decrease my sugars. I have a sweet tooth, and I was going way over my daily sugars.

If you want, add me, and we can motivate each other!
  • ViolaPlayer1987
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: