Peloton App w/o Peloton Equipment

Hi All -

Anyone have experience with the Peloton App? I have a Nordic Track treadmill, and I'm not in the market for another expensive piece of equipment. But I'm almost positive I read a thread on here dedicated to working the Peloton classes without the bike itself?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    I have a friend who uses other Peleton classes in addition to biking. She enjoys them.

But, there are so many great quality free ones on YouTube I personally don’t see a reason to pay a high monthly fee.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2021
    There's Peloton One, which is their app for those that don't own the equipment. I've never used it. But as mentioned above, there are a lot of free YouTube videos.

Also, there is CardioCast as well, which is a paid app. People that don't own the Peloton equipment complain, often, that Peloton doesn't give them access to very much. CardioCast is a growing company to address that need in the market and it's rated really high. Never used it to be honest. CardioCast is more music and audio, though, not live screen classes.
  • slovercarlye
    slovercarlye Posts: 16 Member
    You can pay for the app ($15/month) with out the bike from peloton. There is an entire group on Facebook for peloton app users who use non-peloton equipment.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    That's what I use and I love it! I have my road bike up on a trainer and a treadmill. I usually do rides, runs or bootcamp. Totally worth the monthly fee for me.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2021
    I used to do the Peloton bike with a Keiser spin bike. Keiser is a better bike than the Peloton. The app is great although I recommend for people that are worried they won't use it to go full Peloton. If you are confident you will use it, I would recommend app + another bike. Obviously also the savings... if you go app + another bike get a bike with a power reading. Or, go smart trainer and out on a real bike. I've migrated to Zwift so no longer use the Peloton app. I thought the Powerzone training on the app was very good.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    I have a Bowflex bike and use the app. The resistance levels aren't the same and I can't do the leaderboards etc (maybe with Apple I could?) but it works for me and I do not think the Peloton bike was a smart investment.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    I also use the app. I have my road bike up on a trainer and I love it!!