Premium MFP

Options
How does this compare to regular MFP?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    It uses the same glitchy, cluttered database as free MFP, so as long as that is true, I won't be paying for it.

I WOULD pay for premium if it was only admin-entered USDA database entries (with the glitches fixed) and my entries.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I have Premium due to inertia. I get no value out of it.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    I happen to love Premium. No adds. If I have questions, they are answered quickly. I can change my calories/macros by day. I eat more on certain days. I can cycle between percentages/grams. There is more. Click on Premium and see what the features are, and if they are important to you. I find it more than worth the cost for a year. I have only been actually using MFP since 9/20; but, I haven't noticed any real problems that I can't deal with.
    Pennies, really, imho. Also, sometimes there is a free "trial." As with everything, YMMV :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I actually paid up, just because I appreciate the value of MFP. I thought i might use the phone app, as its premium "App" can deduct fiber from Carbs to give Net Carbs. But I don't really enjoy using phone apps, when I can use a full blown keyboard on PC.

But I really don't mind paying for a good service... And perhaps they will move some of the features available on the phone to the Web-based platform in the future.

Also I noticed today that they have a new feature where you can just snap pictures of what your eating and it appears it will know what it is and maybe even how much of it there is? Then add it to your diary. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it could prove useful for certain kinds of things (albeit singular items, not mixed recipies etc).
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Premium would be worth while if it stopped all thr ridiculous blog posts that come up in my feed. Sadly it doesn't, so I cancelled.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Bluetail6 and Poobah1972 about Premium
    I love it

This says it all from Bluetail6: Pennies, really, imho.