BACK after a long time - is a calorie a calorie?

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Another comment on dietary fat: I tend to have meals that are lowish on fat so I really depend on high fat snacks in order to reach the minimum fat needed daily (~0.35g/lb body weight).

One of my kids asked me once if cheese was a healthy snack or not-- yes or no. It's impossible to answer a question like that with no context. If the rest of a person's diet is short of fat, cheese is an awesome snack, maybe the best choice possible. If the rest of a person's diet is very high fat but low on fiber, then cheese isn't the best choice. With nutrition, it's the big picture -- what you consume over the course of a whole week, not daily or hourly -- that is relevant.

Also, I'm 55 and CICO works reliably for me. The math may not always work on exactly the schedule you want, but the math always works. But you already know that! Rely on the success and knowledge you have in your past. They will serve you well. Best to you, OP!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    a calorie is always a calorie.

i lost the same in my 30s as i do now at 43.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    For me it hasn't been my age that makes weight management challenging but my job. When I was in my 20s, a machine operator, and running around a machine all day - easy. Desk job - much more challenging. Would be less so if I didn't like to eat so much :lol:

As I've gotten older, desk jobs have become the norm. I've had desk jobs exclusively since @ 2006. (Not exactly sure when I stopped teaching yoga.)