Your favorite low-carb tortilla, pita or flat bread?

Options
Hello, Everyone!
I'm new to MFP and wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on what they would recommend for a really good low-carb tortilla, or even a favorite pita or flat bread. I want to start using them as they seem like they would be more filling (the fiber) and healthier than mainstream bread. I'm hoping to make wraps out of them or maybe soft tacos and such. I'm open to any and all brands and suggestions. Thank you for your help! :smile:

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I saw an add on Instagram for 25 calorie Mission corn tortillas the other day. I haven’t seen them at the store and haven’t tried them, yet. They have street taco tortillas that I like for pork carnitas. I think it’s 3 for around 100 calories. They have low carb tortillas too, but I haven’t tried them. I like Flat Out Wraps. They are pretty big. Around 90 calories. Good for wraps and I use them for veggie pizza.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Joseph’s pitas are 60 calories and I often cut them in half and only use half at a time. Also, Joseph’s and cut da carb both have a lavash that I use to make pizzas.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The absolute lowest calorie for size are tumaros and ole wellness. These are the best low calorie wraps out there you will find. I have been eating 2-4 per day for 10 years.

TUMAROS HANDS DOWN are number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING BAGEL, SOURDOUGH ARE THE BEST!! They are huge 10inch. Alsso LOVEE the 8inch chia, garden veggie, sundried tomato, white. Pumpernickel and rye used to be my favorite but they stopped making them when the pandemic hit :(.

7llxmhd181io.pngzt7wm6ux1dxh.png
    u9kmsroxf3ap.png

Ole mexican wraps are second best! 50 calories for 8inch wrap. SUPER soft.
    lc0x4zooe2d9.png

Way better than mission low carb or flat out wraps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use mission carb balance. They have something like 4 net carbs per wrap.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I use mission carb balance. They have something like 4 net carbs per wrap.

I haven't tried those since they improved the recipe, but I should since they have now have similar stats now to tumaros. (used to be 90-110 cal now are 80) Are they 10inch or 8inch?
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I love La Banderita wraps and Joseph's Pita for low calorie options :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    The carb smart flour tortillas taste like regular tortillas to me, and they are 45 or 50 per tortillas, depending on which you get. I use them for wraps all the time.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Fit & Active Low Carb Tortillas - 80 c/4 net carbs. I suspect they are Mission tortillas sold under Aldi's Fit and Active brand. $1.99 USD for a package of 8.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    1zezcf5s9zyk.jpg
    Coconut wraps!
    Also Nori sheets, collard leaves.
    BFree look good. But I haven't tried them yet
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Ooo I would like to try those coconut wraps

I like the aldi fit and active low carb wraps better. Mission is a cloee second. I like the texture of aldi's better.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,057 Member
    Options
    Smart n Final has egg wraps that are delicious .... I also make my own wraps using coconut flour
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Google socca recipes. Easy chick pea flour flat bread from southern France.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Google socca recipes. Easy chick pea flour flat bread from southern France.

Oh man, I LOVE socca. I have a big old cast iron pizza pan that is ideal.

I know what I’m having for dinner soon!!!!! I forgot I have a whole bunch of chickpea flour in the pantry.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    They are a little higher on the calories but I need my fiber and protein :blush:

zc9x8ij5fmc41.jpg
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The absolute lowest calorie for size are tumaros and ole wellness. These are the best low calorie wraps out there you will find. I have been eating 2-4 per day for 10 years.

TUMAROS HANDS DOWN are number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING BAGEL, SOURDOUGH ARE THE BEST!! They are huge 10inch. Alsso LOVEE the 8inch chia, garden veggie, sundried tomato, white. Pumpernickel and rye used to be my favorite but they stopped making them when the pandemic hit :(.

Ole mexican wraps are second best! 50 calories for 8inch wrap. SUPER soft.

Way better than mission low carb or flat out wraps.

We usually use Ole (they have seasoned ones too) though we like La Tortilla Factory better - https://www.latortillafactory.com/view/products/non-gmo-low-carb-tortillas/. I need to search for Tumaros.

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Love the Extreme Wellness tortillas @Noreenmarie1234 posted, and also these: sqc6tq21le9i.jpg

• natgurl95
    natgurl95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the Joseph's Lavash bread, great for wraps or pizza. They carry it at my Walmart.
  • Sassifrass76
    Sassifrass76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    64vfwjqdfpa6.png

I was a fan of the Ole Extreme Wellness until I found these.

45 calories each and 11grams of fiber.

I think they are the most similar to a plain flour tortilla in texture and taste, we go through
    3 or 4 packages a week at my house.