Discrepancy in calories Versa 2 and MFP

Options
Hi, I a new to using my Versa 2 watch and MFP together for counting calories. Could anyone explain why there is a discrepancy between the amount of calories earned after exercise on my versa 2 watch and those transferred to MFP when tracking how many calories I have earned. I hope this makes sense. E.G 243 on my watch and only 176 added to calories allowed. Thank you

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's the difference between gross and net exercise calories: the Versa probably also includes your BMR calories in the exercise calories, but those BMR calories aren't added onto your calorie adjustment, since that would mean double counting.
  • Monkeyonthehill
    Monkeyonthehill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that’s helped a lot 😊
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Hi, I a new to using my Versa 2 watch and MFP together for counting calories. Could anyone explain why there is a discrepancy between the amount of calories earned after exercise on my versa 2 watch and those transferred to MFP when tracking how many calories I have earned. I hope this makes sense. E.G 243 on my watch and only 176 added to calories allowed. Thank you

Actually, this is because a synced device isn't sending over calories for a specific exercise. Your device is reconciling your activity level that you established on MFP to your actual activity level per your device. Even at sedentary, your activity level accounts for some activity and movement.