I want to see some bike pictures!

Options
It’s February, and I am ready for Spring to Sprung.... I’ve noticed that there are some cyclists on this forum. Got any pics of your bikes? Post a tricycle, post a stationary bike, or post a pic of your new Trek Emonda!

Part two, why do you love that bike? Is it the first bike you’ve purchased since you got your driver’s license? Did Cannondale make it in your favorite color? Or is it a way for you get healthy and keep up with your kids? (Seems like they pedal faster every Spring, and I don’t see mine putting in any work in the off-season! 😅)

Replies

• tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is my Scott Addict Team Edition (Esteban Chaves). I built this bike just after having heart surgery. This bike has not been ridden the way it deserves just yet. I am hoping that this season might change that.
    qd2pfihkrg68.jpeg
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Diamondback 910UB that my amazing hubby found free on Kijiji for me. It works perfectly except that the heart rate monitor is hit and miss, but I wear a Garmin so that doesn't bother me. It came out of a special needs classroom at the end of the summer. The teacher had it as an outlet for fidgety kids but she had to get rid of it to be able to space the desks out more with covid. Teachers aren't allowed in to set up their classrooms until a few days before the term starts here, so she needed to get rid of it fast and hubby just happened to look at the ads at just the right time.

I need a new seat for it since the one it came with is really built up in the back - even when I'm leaning forward I'm fighting not to slide right off - but it's on there so tight we're not sure we're going to be able to replace it without help. We've tried to loosen it to see if we can just adjust the angle and even with both of us trying together we couldn't get the nuts to budge. But that has to wait until United Cycle allows in-person shopping again regardless. In the meantime I deal, and I love it regardless!

1d3h2ms6azma.jpg
  • gje81
    gje81 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    This is one of my favourite bikes, he (Vincent Venge) has taken me from London to Edinburgh and back in 92 hours and seen several victories in solo 24hr races. He's fun and a little bit lairy. I bough Vincent after having my previous bike written off in a hit and run accident. We've shared 8000 miles together and he always makes me smile 😃
  • gje81
    Options
    frnhvjplh920.jpg
  • gje81
    Options
    @sijomial Nice bike! I do hope we can get back out to some events soon, I'm looking forward to seeing some different views again.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    gje81 wrote: »
    @sijomial Nice bike! I do hope we can get back out to some events soon, I'm looking forward to seeing some different views again.

@gje81

Fingers crossed!
    I rode more miles than ever last year and nearly all were home-to-home rides with just a few car-to-car rides and I'm getting tired of the same old local roads.
  • tbilly20
    Options
    @gje81 - That picture is awesome!

@sijomial - I was hit by a car in 2013, and it broke a custom Serotta in three pieces. Unfortunately it did the same thing to my left leg! I bought a Venge after that insurance settlement. It was a great bike.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    tbilly20 wrote: »

@sijomial - I was hit by a car in 2013, and it broke a custom Serotta in three pieces. Unfortunately it did the same thing to my left leg! I bought a Venge after that insurance settlement. It was a great bike.

Ouch, that must have stung a bit! :neutral:

Funny enough the driver that nailed me offered me a lift home. I declined with the words "I've just witnessed the standard of your driving, I'd feel a lot safer walking."

• helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My winter bike. Heavy, chunky tyres and mudguards - ag8km6f9a6nv.jpg
    Good training though!
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hcxy8jquts36.jpg

Summer bike. Much prettier and lighter!
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    yg8he4bvqo69.jpeg

Salsa Journeyman in the color copper
    I bought in in no small part because I’m a journeyman pipe fitter that works with copper all the time and loves salsa. 😬That and it’s a fabulous road bike that won’t break the bank 🚴🏻
  • gje81
    Options
    @tbilly20 It was taken by a spectator at a TT - I was so very pleased with it :) Unlucky with the leg, bet that hurt more than a bit! Was very lucky that I'm well covered and bounced after I got hit, wrote off my bike though and I DNF'd 🙄

@sijomial I'd have declined too!
  • gje81
    Options
    @TakeTheLongWayHome love the colour 😍
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    4e0gethfe1al.jpg

mzwe8073m4s5.jpg

This is my Montague folding mountain bike, supposedly designed for paratroopers. My husband has a slightly different one, mostly because the color is determined by the model, so when I got mine I wanted a different color. Unfortunately, the pretty blue one has a higher stand over height. Once folded, we can fit them in the boat, sail to another town and explore to our hearts' content. We even have a raft for the specific purpose of transporting the bikes to shore when we anchor out.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    0v1ty89ds7sn.jpg

This is my triathlon bike, a Felt model IA 10. Bike is equipped with Di2 shifter, Ultegra group set and Garmin Vector 3 pedals. I last raced it in 2018, losing 2019 to injury and 2020 to race cancellations. Really looking forward to putting some miles on it this year training for Ironman Chattanooga in September.
  • tbilly20
    Options
    @Djproulx - The Chattanooga Ironman is excellent! I went to first one in 2014. People made up special shirts because the bike course was 4 miles too long! Stop by the Yellow Deli when you go. Great, healthy food.

@sijomial - Awesome reply to the driver!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    @Djproulx - The Chattanooga Ironman is excellent! I went to first one in 2014. People made up special shirts because the bike course was 4 miles too long! Stop by the Yellow Deli when you go. Great, healthy food.

@sijomial - Awesome reply to the driver!

@tbilly20 - Yes, IMCHOO is a favorite among our tri club peeps. I'm hoping that I can find a "144.6" window sticker to add to my collection. Will check the Yellow Deli. Lots of room for calories after an IM race!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    hcxy8jquts36.jpg

Summer bike. Much prettier and lighter!

It looks like those bikes are consummating a marriage! 🙂
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3

Half of these are either destroyed, stolen or sold. Currently the Avanti is my main steed, Focus is commuter and Trek is on the stationary.

7p7mqjr16dkg.jpeg
    7ixcxuzsjkur.jpeg
    rat0e005i6tz.jpg
    9ozx2ucfwtwh.jpg