Same or Different?

Options
2»

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I tend to have 2 breakfasts that I will rotate through and the 2 lunches I rotate. Dinner is different all the time.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same breakfast, lunch and snacks most days. There is a little variation, ie. pancakes or French toast or an omelet for either breakfast or lunch instead of cereal or a sandwich. There is more variety in my dinners, but still not that much because I am a lazy cook and have a picky husband who hates vegetables, among other foods. I like having variety, but am not a great cook. I like simple.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    I never tire of giant salads, or cottage cheese with fruit, grape nuts and balsamic vinegar. They just taste soooooo good.

I’d eat them twice a day if I could.

Chai tea. I usually put my foot down after the third.

@Noreenmarie1234 got me hooked on pumpkin pudding. Every time I think I’m sick of it, I have to have it again. Just bought 20 cans of pumpkin on sale!

I’m addicted to Oreo candy canes for a quick, low calorie treat before a workout, and bought a case from the manufacturer.

Nugo bars almost every day.

Sunday mornings have been gourmet doughnut mornings for the past year, and we sure do look forward to it. This week was blueberry chamomile fritters. The chocolate peanut butter ones are worth every calorie saved up, as are the creme brûlée doughnuts.

I tend to change up breakfast and dinner, but only to rotate meals.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is porridge but I vary what input in it.

M-Th lunch is always the same while I'm working from home. We buy a pack of 8 wraps, chicken, houmous and salad and that does 4 days lunch for 2 of us.

Friday - Sunday has a bit more variety for lunch but is often soup. Flavours vary. If we eat out it is on these days

Monday evening is batch cooking day with leftovers frozen. Tuesday and Wednesday are quick/easy things like stir fry. Thursday is something from the freezer. Friday is usually risotto or pasta, Saturday is almost always pasta (we're cyclists and do long rides at the weekend hence the carbfest!). Sunday is treat night - usually pizza, fajitas or takeaway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually a rotation of the same things. WFH days I usually have an open face sandwich with toasted Dave's Killer Bread, some good, thinly sliced Spanish Manchengo, two slices of pan seared Canadian Bacon, and topped with a fried egg over medium. Office days, I usually prep Coach's Oats with some chopped almonds and a few semi sweet chocolate chips and cinnamon and reheat that at the office and have it with some mixed berries/fruit. On Sunday mornings I get the griddle out and we do a nice family breakfast. Usually banana pancakes, eggs, bacon, and fruit before heading out on our family walk.

Lunch is usually leftovers from either the night before or a couple of nights before depending, so usually different...once or twice per week I have tuna salad. Dinner is always something different...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I never tire of giant salads, or cottage cheese with fruit, grape nuts and balsamic vinegar. They just taste soooooo good.

I’d eat them twice a day if I could.

Chai tea. I usually put my foot down after the third.

@Noreenmarie1234 got me hooked on pumpkin pudding. Every time I think I’m sick of it, I have to have it again. Just bought 20 cans of pumpkin on sale!

I’m addicted to Oreo candy canes for a quick, low calorie treat before a workout, and bought a case from the manufacturer.

Nugo bars almost every day.

Sunday mornings have been gourmet doughnut mornings for the past year, and we sure do look forward to it. This week was blueberry chamomile fritters. The chocolate peanut butter ones are worth every calorie saved up, as are the creme brûlée doughnuts.

I tend to change up breakfast and dinner, but only to rotate meals.

:D:D LOL, so glad you tried it and discovered the obsession! It really is one of those things that just doesn't get old. Using different pudding flavors gives it plenty of variety.
  • 190reasonswhy
    190reasonswhy Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Do you prefer to eat the same foods every day for simplicity/calorie count/nutritional consistency; or do you like to constantly change up your menu?

Me? Other than my daily must-have morning coffee and mostly-daily chocolate fix, I like to eat a wide variety of foods with very few repeat meals. The exceptions are the rare occasions when I buy or make a fresh item that I'll use up rather than freeze.

What about you?

Certain things I have as staples to my diet. I like the taste and yep the app knows I’m logging it again. Almond butter on low carb tortilla for snacks for example. I love my broccoli with spicy garlic sauce too.

So I’d say I’m pretty consistent in general and don’t vary much.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My husband eats the same, left to his own devices. As a compromise, he fixes his own breakfast and lunch, and I generally make dinners. If I don't make dinner, he is either having thai curry or pasta.

If I am eating the same thing day after day, I have gone back to gorging myself and avoiding veggies. Why am I willing to eat a half can of Pringles every day for weeks on end and not a half head of broccoli?!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Both. I'm not a breakfast eater but I have the same protein shake every day after my workout. I have a variety of snacks at work because I don't like to eat the same one every day but my lunches look pretty similar simply because I lack creativity in dreaming up things that transport well, can be eaten at my desk, etc.

I won't even eat the same thing two days in a row for dinner which makes using up food challenging in a household of one. I often portion stuff out and freeze it so I don't have to see it again for months.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I cook for the family everyday, twice a day. I'm always making something different.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    While I do like variety and trying different things, I tend to stick to most of the same stuff on repeat. That way I know where I am basically in my daily calories plus I don't find something I can't resist. Temptation is very difficult for me to keep control over.
    I'm also not much of a plan ahead type anymore. I have my basics on hand and it's whatever I feel like at the moment, IOW no prepping meals for me. Grab some carrots, hummus, couple clementines and there's my lunch.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    In addition to having different foods at most every meal, once or twice a week I'll rearrange the calorie outlay. My usual 500/700 two meal split becomes 900/300 when I answer the siren call of a full breakfast. Today's breakfast was eggs, sausage, hash browns, buttered toast and a sweet granola/fruit/yogurt parfait. So good and extremely satisfying. Tonight's dinner will be a spartan fish and greens affair.

The constant change-ups really help me stay on track. Kudos to those who can eat the same things every day; I know I wouldn't last four days doing that.