Low carb BLT wrap

Options
dooval3000
dooval3000 Posts: 2 Member
I just started the low carb plan on my fitness pal. One of the lunches is a low carb BLT wrap. The recipe calls for lentils or white beans. But the recipe doesn’t say what to do with them. Should they be put on the wrap or ate as a side?

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm by means no expert on beans or Lentils...

However i think it's safe to say you would be cooking either option prior to adding to said wrap.

You could buy pre-pared bean's in a can, and simply drain them, and heat.season them as desired... Or you could cook them. But that generally takes a bit of time to do right.

Basic White Bean instructions.
    • Soak the beans. Rinse the dried beans in water and put them in a large bowl. Cover with at least 4 times their volume of water and leave to soak overnight.
    • Drain and rinse the beans and put them into a pot with a lid. Add just enough cold water to cover them.
    • Add the rosemary, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Bring the beans to a boil, then cover and simmer them gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until the beans are tender but not mushy. The cooking time will depend on the size and age of the beans. Smaller and newer beans will require a shorter cooking time, so check on them after 20 minutes. (Seasoning is optional)

Basic Lentil Instructions
    • Rinse the lentils in a fine mesh sieve under the faucet. While rinsing, make sure to pick out any bad lentils, debris or small stones which can sometimes sneak in.
    • Add four cups of water and one cup of lentils to a pot. I also recommend adding a bay leaf and piece of kombu (see note below).
    • Bring the pot to a boil. Then reduce to a very low simmer, cover and set your timer for 20-30 minutes. The cook time will vary slightly based on the variety:
    • Green Lentils: 18-20 minutes
    • Lentils de Puy: 25-30 minutes
    • Brown Lentils: 20-25 minutes
    • Black Lentils: 25-30 minutes
    • Drain the water from the lentils and discard the bay leaf and kombu, before using the cooked lentils in your favorite recipe.

Hope that helps!
  • dooval3000
    dooval3000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. So ya think it would go in the wrap. I was just confused as to where the recipe intended them to go lol.
    I appreciate you taking the time to help
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    dooval3000 wrote: »
    Thank you. So ya think it would go in the wrap. I was just confused as to where the recipe intended them to go lol.
    I appreciate you taking the time to help

Ah right... Yes I would think it would help bulk up that wrap. And your very welcome!